Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Transporter 2 (2005)

Author Topic: Transporter 2 (2005)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 09-03-2005 04:24 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Century 20 at Jordan Creek, West Des Moines, IA
AUDITORIUM: 11
PRESENTATION: Dolby Digital/THX
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: None once the projector started
RATING: Three stars (out of four)

NOTE: This movie was penalized one half star for the use of stunt lingerie

So we're sitting there waiting for the show. The mysterious and wonderful "Love Theme from Century Theatres" plays in the background. The screen is a vast canvas of nothing. Nothing nothing nothing. Suddenly, a white light appears on the screen. Then it goes away. Then it comes back. Then it goes away. Then an advertising slide appears, and I realize the slides were missing before showtime...which we are now officially past. Then the screen goes dark. Then the SAME slide appears. Then it goes. Then the white light is back. Then it goes.

Finally, the previews start.

This was like watching a really well put together stunt compilation reel. It hardly ever stops to take a breath, and it didn't get tiring. It's completely ridiculous and absurd, but it's so cool that I didn't care. The one complaint I have is the use of stunt lingerie on Kate Nauta. You can clearly make out nipples through her bra when it's dry. Then she gets all wet, so they should be totally see-through, right? WRONG! The nipples are GONE!

Still, an excellent day at the movies.

|  IP: Logged

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-03-2005 11:10 PM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the first half of Transporter 1.
This movie was obviously nowhere as good as that first half of part 1. BUt it was breezily paced and you will probably have a decent time.

My main problems
1) THat idiotic kid. what an annoying actor. I would rather see the way too frequently cast Dakota Fanning in a similar role from Man on Fire.

2) THe CGI was as awful as from the movie Torque. The airplane scenes were a joke and was downright embarassed for luc besson that he was part of a team that gave us such wretched CGI.

If you were not a fan of the first part, stay far away from this movie.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-03-2005 11:46 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a Transporter 1? [Confused]

Here's my review from the 2 minutes I saw.

Great sound (at least for those 2 minutes). Dorky looking Transporter guy who just looks like a dumbass when he tries to be cool. Bad dialogue. Lousy action. Then I said to the projectionist in the auditorium "thank god I called not it on screening this turd" and walked out.

1 out of 5 stars

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 09-05-2005 10:00 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As for the kid in the movie, and living in Miami, I would say he is adopted. His parents are pure white, and he looks cuban. Maybe they could have used that as a plot device, instead of no plot, which is the way they went.

Also no story either.

Still, at 2.5 stars out of five, I actually had a real good time, however, there were a few things that kind of made me wonder ... "why?"

SPOILERS...

The stunt with the bomb on the car, totally laughable, and everyone in the auditorium did.

The stunt where the car jumps from one parking garage to a building across teh street, horrible shot, however the landing and spinning out in the building they landed in, that was cool, but exactly how did they get the car down?

The film was very short, due to a lack of plot or story.

HOWEVER.. I really did enjoy this. I was dissapointed that they did not go with the same motif of location style music. In the first transporter, they used a french style of music for the action sequences, since they were in teh french riviera. Here they are in miami and they used thrash metal, which by my research I am not finding that is what people see in miami most of the time. I almost expected a miami vice feel to it.

Loved it though, totally brainless and mindless fun. It is just what I needed to get the bad taste of making presentations to vice presidents all week. Sometimes you need to come down from your IQ level and join the commoners.

Ciao

Jamie Glossop
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2005 04:49 PM      Profile for Jamie Glossop   Author's Homepage   Email Jamie Glossop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the first one, Cant wait for the second one to hit the uk screens, does anyone know when its coming to the uk screens?

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2005 05:44 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite non-sensical part of the movie ... that wooden door saved Jason Statham from those armor-piercing bullets that tore up that car.

David Nightingale
Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2005 01:05 AM      Profile for David Nightingale   Email David Nightingale   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Location - UA Cottonwood Mall Stadium 16
Abq, NM---Aud. 5

Movie was pretty good but as mentioned above; laughable in some parts. The picture was out of frame the whole movie just slightly and the aperture had an overshoot pretty bad on the left side. This presentation was alot better than when I saw SW: ROTS and it was scratched [Eek!] ohh well...anyways overall 3.5 out of 5! Pretty decent 4day estimate for the movie btw... 20.3mil. Labor Day record...

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-11-2005 12:00 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent sound, yes. Jason Statham must have laser eyes to knock a bomb off the bottom of his car with an industrial iron hook without damaging the undercarriage... Or to catch up to a speeding bus with a jet ski, on pavement... And why didn't the kid scream once during the whole chase through the parking ramp? What happened to his BMW? I swear, Transporter 3 will feature a Ford Taurus with adjustable pedals that can drive on water while Statham drive Miss Daisy and fights meth lab cooks.

St. Anthony Main #4, mono

Jamie Glossop
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-13-2005 01:15 PM      Profile for Jamie Glossop   Author's Homepage   Email Jamie Glossop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just heard the film comes out this month or october [beer]

One film i will be seeing

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 09-21-2005 04:54 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw it in Los Angeles during my West Coast trip earlier this month. I wonder how much Audi paid for the product placement... [Roll Eyes]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: