Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Sky High (2005)

Author Topic: Sky High (2005)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 07-30-2005 06:37 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Century 20 at Jordan Creek, West Des Moines, IA
AUDITORIUM: 10
PRESENTATION: Dolby Digital/THX
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: A little shaky and a little out of focus
RATING: Three stars (out of four)

Here we have the polar opposite of "Batman Begins". It's the latest in a string of low-budget (I HOPE it was low-budget) Disney releases that works for what it is...a campy satire of superhero movies aimed at the junior high and younger crowd.

For your movie dollar(s) you get Kurt Russell playing a bit Ozzie Nelson and a bit "Adam West Batman", Kelly Preston as his wife, some kids I've never heard of before (the best of whom is a hippie Vegan whose superpower is the ability to instantly grow vegetation), two "Kids in the Hall" alumni, about a jillion secondary players, and Lynda Carter, who tragically does NOT bust out the "Wonder Woman" outfit (though she does make a joke reference.)

There's very little here that's original, and the whole thing is instantly predictable. But the movie knows this, and makes up for it with wit and humor. This thing will probably entertain kids for years on DVD.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: