Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Must Love Dogs (2005)

Author Topic: Must Love Dogs (2005)
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-28-2005 01:59 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, after screening this film I now finally get the title. The word "dogs" has NOTHING to do with dogs as in 4 legged canines. It also doesn't have anything to do with "dogs" in reference to unappealing women. What the term "dogs" is really referring to is a "dog" of a movie, as in a really crappy movie. Hence, you "must love dogs" to enjoy this phenomenal piece of shit.

1/2 out of 5 stars

Save yourself.

|  IP: Logged

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-29-2005 05:40 AM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seconded.
This movie was so rediculously awful I actually got up half way through, went upstairs and got a jump on the next days work.

Firstly some of the dialog had a cheese factor of 3 and higher.
There was absolutely no substance to it.
There "comedy" was childish and not very funny at all.
I was however impressed with the print of it.
Steady, clean focus, good color depth, excellent shadow tones.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-29-2005 05:49 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Not a single lab splice in my print either. Amazingly steady, razor sharp and just fabulous lab work overall.

Why do all of the SHITTY movies have the awesome prints??? [Frown]

By the way, did you notice the godawful furniture in this movie? It was so bad it was distracting (which was a good thing). I mean, not even Phil would have such UGLY furniture in his house!

Christian Volpi
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2005 11:05 PM      Profile for Christian Volpi   Author's Homepage   Email Christian Volpi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW. That was a really bad movie.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: