Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Hustle & Flow (2005)

Author Topic: Hustle & Flow (2005)
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2005 12:46 AM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's just start this off by saying I white, see picture at left, and I dislike Rap Music. I must admit, I have given it a chance for the past 20-years. I used to listen to Rap in collage in the '80s. I have certainly like very small exposers to some artists, Run DMC, Public Enemy, NWA, Will Smith. For the most part I think White Kids driving through my white, suburban neihborhood with Rap turned up and wearing doo-rags on there heads are barking up the wrong tree. And what's up with the low slung pants? We got the girls with their jeans painted on and the guys with their jeans falling off?

So how come I like Rap Movies? I liked Eminem's movie, and I like Hustle & Flow. What makes it a good movie is a barking good story. With Story arc. A beginning, middle and end. Good sort of triumphs over evil, or at least the guy's dream takes root. Even though, I might dislike all of these people if I met them in real life, I came to care about them in the film. Some might say that the film is full of cliches, but sometimes cliches help tell the story.

Sometimes the awkward girl gets to be the ice skating star, sometimes the looser gets a title shot, sometimes the pimp gets to hustle. I think it gives hope to all of us how quietly suffer our dull formless existences, and gives us hope and a reason to Whoop that Trick!

|  IP: Logged

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 08-10-2005 01:36 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Ian Price
what's up with the low slung pants?
Because for us girls we love to see the boxers/briefs... [Roll Eyes]

At work yesterday some white dude had his pants riding really low and I saw plenty... [Big Grin] Although he pulled it up alittle(like a cm) when he saw me looking. [Razz] [Eek!]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: