Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Mr. and Mrs. Smith (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Olivia Coleman
Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2005 06:34 AM      Profile for Olivia Coleman   Author's Homepage   Email Olivia Coleman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, sexy, picks up the pace good, overall a good time! I wasn't even waiting for the next reel to end just so it would be that much closer to #7! Kept my interest all the way through, even with having been up for 14 or so hours and working a matinee booth shift!

Overall 4 out of 5 stars=Not a spectacular movie but it will fill the seats for at least the first two weeks! [thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2005 07:36 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it was decent but it took a while to pick up the pace. I thought the first two and half reels were kinda slow...but they served the purpose and had some fun moments. Great banter back and forth between the two after everything starts coming out.

Best line of the film..."I knew your dad was on Fantasy Island!"

overal [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] out of [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

The Greco factor is WAY HIGH in this one.

Matt Hollis
Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2005 08:31 AM      Profile for Matt Hollis   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Hollis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I screened this one last night and was not too crazy about it. To me, not only was the Greco factor high but so was the cheeze factor. The ending is also one of the worst I have seen in some time.

2 / 4 Stars

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-10-2005 01:15 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many a bad movie has been saved by a high Greco factor. [Big Grin]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-10-2005 05:16 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Not much time for a lengthy review, but not much needs to be said.

This one starts off a bit slow, but have patience. Once you get about an hour into it the show really picks up and becomes quite entertaining and fun.

The sound is also fantastic.

4 out of 5 stars

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2005 07:59 PM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed it very much. The only thing that bugged me was how some shots looked to have been sped up in post (when Mr. Smith pulls the driver out of the limo... etc... I noticed it about a half-dozen times)... Aside from that, I liked it. Certainly one of the more "fun" films I've seen in the past few months.

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2005 12:39 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's funny, it's got some action, and it's clever. I liked it for the most part.
But when it comes down to it, it doesn't need to be 2 hours long, this movie was slow to come together and very sketchy on the details.
Once again, as with a lot of movies (notice Doug Liman movies tend to do this especially?) the overuse of the steadicam and tight shots on the action pissed me off.
Nothing like seeing a blur instead of good choreographed action!
Otherwise, it definitely had it's moments.
*Possible spoiler ahead*
but if you're ever given the option, don't watch the final trailer first, it gives away the ending.
*end spoiler*
Anyhow, 3/5.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2005 01:42 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was a fun movie. Watched it with a pretty full house at 8:30 on the opening friday night. A nice blend of comedy and action.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 06-11-2005 03:32 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Century 20 Jordan Creek, West Des Moines, IA
AUDITORIUM: 11
PRESENTATION: Dolby Digital/THX
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: Shaky...oh never mind.
RATING: Two and one half stars (out of four)

Great idea on paper, but could have had better execution. Too long and sort of anticlimactic in the end (referring to the action scenes...The final scene was perfect).

I guess it wasn't as clever as I had hoped for. It certainly had its moments, and I agree...it did have a great sound mix.

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2005 01:52 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two Points:

1. Where's the logic? [Confused]

2. You don't need logic to watch Angelina Joli! [thumbsup]

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2005 03:07 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be seeing this one tonight. From what I've seen on the field, It is good for me.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2005 02:11 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the more entertaining films I've seen this year. Great chemistry between the leads, good writing, and great action. Oh, and two major positives:

1. Angelina Jolie
2. Good sound mix!

AJG

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-13-2005 04:14 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Angelina Jolie is a definite "butterface".

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 06-13-2005 04:58 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that good or bad?

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 06-13-2005 05:34 AM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yes, the "butterface". It's been a while since I've heard that one. However, I frankly don't care for Angelina Jolie in ANY capacity whatsoever. And I've only ever liked Brad Pitt in roles like those in 12 Monkeys or Fight Club, and this one doesn't seem to be anything other than pure action-flick. I'll pass on this one. The trailer bored me.

Probably too many explosions, anyway ... well-mixed or not. [Razz]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: