Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Author Topic: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Tracy Bellar
Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2005 01:41 PM      Profile for Tracy Bellar   Author's Homepage   Email Tracy Bellar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
O.K. First off I was not looking forward to previewing this movie. I didn't feel it was my kink of movie. I loved it! This movie is so visually beautiful the colors and how it was shot. The story moves really nice and the whole pants idea was pretty cool and not the center of the movie. This movie was carried by a bunch of young actress' that to my knowledge hasn't been in many movies if any. I highly suggest this one. The emotional qualities kind of sneak up on you without being to over the top. Good humour and great story lines all four of them.

|  IP: Logged

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2005 03:44 AM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've not watch it in full, but most patrons seem happy with it.
The book did marginally well for itself as I remember.

America Ferrera is a groupie in Lords of Dogtown, her character is credited as "Thunder Monkey" and Alexis Bledel was a prostitute in Sin City.
Amber Tamblyn has been in the Ring and a couple TV shows, however, Blake Lively is pretty much unknown.

Kristin Wahlund
Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2005 05:39 AM      Profile for Kristin Wahlund   Email Kristin Wahlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree that overall I liked it. I even cried at one point (if you've seen it you'll know when) It was better than I had expected. The actresses were good for being so young and I found myself becoming involved in the movie while I watched it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: