Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Kicking & Screaming (2005)

Author Topic: Kicking & Screaming (2005)
Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2005 09:43 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With the lack of good movies out this year...Kicking & Screaming is a welcome sight. Either your a Will Ferrell fan or your not, I like him. I loved ELF and though it was funny and just a good Christmas movie. But Kicking & Screaming is hillarious, I was laughing almost the entire time. Every kid had his place and comedic timing, even Robert Duvall had some great comedic moments, something hes not really known for. Mike Ditka was great as him self

I'm have to give this film 5 out of 5...just a good family comedy. A welcome sight to the start of the summer season.

NOW GO GET ME A JUICE BOX!

|  IP: Logged

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2005 01:44 PM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Kurt Zupin
Mike Ditka was great
Da Coach!

I liked him with his cigars.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 05-15-2005 04:54 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today 11:45AM, Regal Cinema World 8 in Eugene, House #4. Looked and sounded very good. They did a screen format change from flat to scope in between the rolling stock and the trailers, haven't seen them do that in a LONG time (side masking - yay). Oddly, the first 2 trailers they showed after the change were printed pillarboxed flat-in-scope. I guess it's the thought that counts.

This was mildly amusing at best. Will Ferrell's attempt at a nice family film, it wasn't nearly as funny as I was expecting. There are about 3 decent laughs and most everything else falls pretty flat. Has quick-to-video written all over it.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2005 12:41 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing great here. Ditka was great, but everything else just lacked. Late 2nd and 3rd acts just got way too stupid for me.

AJG

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: