Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » House Of Wax (2005)

Author Topic: House Of Wax (2005)
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2005 04:16 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, Elisha Cuthbert is the most beautiful girl in the WORLD!!!

This movie was a pretty decent show. I liked the chemistry all the characters had. The twist at the end when we find out who really was crazy was pretty cool.

4.325/5

|  IP: Logged

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2005 03:24 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh, was this bad. Boring, and dragged out. I wasn't going to actually watch this movie, but a friend insisted on it. He's still my friend, but has no taste in films! The only kewl thing was the actual little town that the house of wax was situated in. Question that I must ask? Why didn't the survivors have wax all over themselves (pants, shirts, hair, and hands) at the end of the film????? Huh, what , no answer???? 1 star of out 5, that's because it was shot on color stock. Pass on this if ya can.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 05-23-2005 05:18 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well your friend may not have "YOUR" taste in film, nor may you have "HIS" taste in film, but to state your friend has "NO" taste in film at all?

I myself have many varied tastes, but I "HATE" vegetables! WITH VIGOR!!! As it is I hate stuffy films that claim that they have all this substance, but thats all it is. Other films are nothing but sugar, they are good, but leave you groggy if you get too much.

House of wax was nothing but a big gob of frosting on an overly loaded sugar cookie. If you just have the one cookie, its pretty good. If you have too many, you get oogley and ickey.

I for one actually like it. Yeah it was short on story and bad on continuity, but all in all, it was a pretty good sugar cookie.

Thank god I have a copy of "the natural" at home to balance out the goop I got that night.

So this gob wasn't your preferred cookie, that's ok. It was a pretty good one for me.

MMMMMM gob of cookie...mmmmmmmm

Dave

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2005 02:15 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm having cookies for breakfast now...

Spoilers ahead:
Okay, so the movie gives too much away early on. A lot of us know Paris Hilton dies and thus was the selling point on going to see it anyhow.

I personally think the scene in the movie theater could've been a little better. Had they really been trying to make a scarry movie the film showing could've been much better tied to the film.
I was also hoping for some shots of the booth [Frown]

But back to it. The creativity in the slayings was what I'll give the movie the most points for. Very impressive.
The character Wade was too stupid for anyone to want him to live but that was balanced out by the reality that the survivors get injured.
It's rare that the girl ever bleeds but they cut off Elisha's finger which worked for me.

Great experience though, not just because laughing at the movie was fun but because the other 4 people in the theater were laughing right along with us and cracking jokes.
Last time that happened was when I saw Abandon.

2 stars.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-28-2005 11:04 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This film is no where near as good as the original House Of Wax if seen in two projetor 3D.

Mark

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 05-28-2005 04:36 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And only if in the 3-D, then I will agree with you there.

Ciao

Matt Hollis
Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2005 10:09 AM      Profile for Matt Hollis   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Hollis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Horrible plot = bad movie... I got a little bored in this one.

The girls were beautfiul though.

1.5 / 4 Stars

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2005 01:45 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh, horrible and boring stuff. It just felt as if i'd watched it all before.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: