Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Stealth (2005)

Author Topic: Stealth (2005)
Christian Volpi
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2005 04:22 PM      Profile for Christian Volpi   Author's Homepage   Email Christian Volpi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to the screening for this at ShoWest. Even though I didn't see the entire film I still know that it is CRAP. [thumbsdown] The only good thing about it was the 2 minutes that you see Jessica Biel in a hot little blue bikini!! If it wasn't for the mass amounts of free booze that I took advantage of after the screening courtesy of Sony, I would've been upset. Thank You Sony for allowing to forget how horrible this movie is by drinking ourselves stupid! [beer] [Martini] I think that they need to add a few more explosions to fill gaps in the script!

|  IP: Logged

Christian Volpi
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2005 04:49 PM      Profile for Christian Volpi   Author's Homepage   Email Christian Volpi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bump for wide release.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 07-29-2005 11:58 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Valle Drive-In, Newton, IA
AUDITORIUM: 1
PRESENTATION: DTS Digital 1.0 via in-car speaker
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: REALLY obnoxious subwoofer from neighboring car (which they eventually shut off)
RATING: Two and one half stars (out of four)

"...So it's like a food court?"
"No, it's just KFC and Taco Bell."
"But in the same building."
"Right."
"But they have different kitchens, right?"
"No, it's one place but with both menus."
"But there's seperate order counters?"
"Nope."
"So what if I ordered chicken and nachos?"
"You can do that."
"Seriously?"
"Dude, seriously!"
"I don't know...That's like breeding rabbits with cats."

That was just one of the fascinating conversations going on during this movie as I wandered the half-full lot. Another one I didn't stick around for involved the phrase "booth sex".

So somebody built a machine, it got smart and started thinking for itself, and mayhem ensued. THAT'S original. This is about on the level of Val Kilmer's "Red Planet" from a few years back, and it shares some similarities, especially in style...and absurdity.

Still, there were some neat visuals. Wife #1's comment: "If you take it for what it is, it can be fun." I'd recommend taking it for being a silly drive-in flick. I probably would have hated it if I saw it indoors in an environment where I actually sat there and WATCHED the thing.

Lyle Romer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2005 10:47 PM      Profile for Lyle Romer   Email Lyle Romer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not only was this bad (except for the Blue Bikini scene) but it had the most obnoxious CRAP code. It was a variety I've never noticed before. There were grouped regtangular blocks that would appear in the middle of bright spots that were in dark scenes. An example would be the flame of a jet on a dark background and you could see several rectangles in the flame.

It's too bad Jessica Biel's bikini didn't have artificial intelligence and decide to remove itself!

Jason M Miller
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2005 06:40 PM      Profile for Jason M Miller   Email Jason M Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do not even want to step foot in to the theater that is showing this (not the whole building but the individual theater). When I saw the preview all I could think of was Top Gun Rip off. somthing like Top Gun 2050

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 07-31-2005 07:21 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it. I'll probably watch it again. How absurd of me!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: