Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Pooh's Heffalump Movie

Author Topic: Pooh's Heffalump Movie
Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2005 01:50 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best movie I have seen this year. Of course I have only seen Elektra and the Wedding Date, so that may not be saying much. It is what it is and is about what one would expect.

[ 02-11-2005, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hipp ]

|  IP: Logged

Rich Granata
Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2005 02:00 PM      Profile for Rich Granata   Email Rich Granata   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You see, I was GOING to screen this movie but I started up the projector, went to the stand to grab some leftover popcorn and a soda. Then I used the bathroom. I went into the auditorium and the movie was over already. [Razz]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-12-2005 01:11 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This movie is one of those "was going to be a video, but took a side trip to the big screen to make some money first" releases.

68 minutes running time! Question: How much of that time is devoted to the credit roll at the end?

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 02-14-2005 09:43 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This movie was one big heffa-lump of pooh pooh.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 02-27-2005 07:35 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey folks, this is a kids movie. Take a look at your marquee and see how many movies are showing that a 2 to 6 year old could be taken to. Why would you complain that children might learn that a trip to the movies is fun??
Theatres are already irrelevant to the film producers except as advertisement for their video releases - where they make most of their profit... every film made nowadays takes "a side trip to the big screen".

Viewed (with a 30 month old girl) at Cineplex Queensway cinema 5, 15:00 Saturday Feb 26.
The movie is just about what I expected, fluff with the copyrighted Pooh characters.
Auditorium with about 150 stadium seats 75% full including a party of about 35 taking the best 2 rows.
Picture clean and sharp but down on light. Sound level low. Horizontal scratches in last reel or so.
The film's message is unusual for an US production in the Bush II era: fearing and hunting your unknown neighbours is the wrong approach; get to know them and you'll find out we're really all the same after all.
There's not much scary to disturb young patrons, and the songs are totally forgettable so parents won't be haunted by incessant repetition of earworms. Visual style is calm pastels and relatively long shots, a happy change from the seizure-inducing oversaturated jumpcut insanity prevalent in advertainment movies.
68 minutes is a good length for this movie. Some younger ones were restless before the end.
I wouldn't see it again but I recommend it to any parents of preschoolish kids as a good way to introduce moviegoing. The young lady definitely enjoyed it.

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2005 05:12 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A pleasure to watch and a pleasure to run. Those little ones, being our future custumers can start up here in the dark magic, and will have all possibilities to grow up 100 % addicts to film and cinema. I've been running Heffalump now for 6 weeks, and they love it, because it's nice, sweet, "a little bit dangerous" - and not too long !
I'm just like many of You: no kids myself, -just my projectors, but I do go down the stairs to open and close doors for each show, meet kids and their parents before and after the film, -and I guarantee You: We're the best of friends - they come again next time - my old age is secured !
We can not get too many films for the youngest !!

p

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: