Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Boogeyman

Author Topic: Boogeyman
Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-04-2005 02:14 AM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another piece of crap. Almost as BAD as "Alone in the Dark". This movie goes nowhere fast!!!!! Let's see how long it takes to get to video. Our print had lots of white dust spots and hair imprinted on it. Watching the piracy codes and the dust was more enjoyable than the feature. Getting drunk won't help either.

|  IP: Logged

Jason M Miller
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-04-2005 10:46 PM      Profile for Jason M Miller   Email Jason M Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes the movie it self was crap, but the scares made up for it. There was multiple (yes that is more then once) times I jumped.

Darren Crimmins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2005 11:06 PM      Profile for Darren Crimmins   Email Darren Crimmins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I agree that there are plenty of places that make you jump, they are all just scenes where it is quiet, then a loud noise to "scare" you. These don't neccesarily make the scene scary at all, they are just "cheap scares". Any movie can have these in them, but if a horror movie is relying entirely on those, that is a very bad sign. The movie was horrible with nothing suspenseful or remotely scary about it. Also, a PG-13 horror movie? Why bother?

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2005 12:12 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree....PG-13 horror isn't very good. This was just too boring. The graphics of the boogeyman were cool though.

1.3/5 for the graphics

Jared Foley
Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2005 06:40 AM      Profile for Jared Foley   Email Jared Foley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the print our place received, the tails all said "Boogyman". How common are misspellings like this?

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2005 09:53 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My print too

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: