Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » In Good Company (2005)

Author Topic: In Good Company (2005)
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-13-2005 05:17 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
This one had my full attention and not once did I look at my watch. I attribute this mainly because it was original and not the same old rehashed shit that Hollywood has been putting out. Dennis Quaid inparticularly does a nice job with his role and although this movie won't hold up well for subsequent viewings due to it's relatively slow (but suitable) pace and content, I think most people will find it to be a satisfying 2 hours. There are various angles of situations different characters have to deal with in this film from corporate nonsense to love and loneliness, and overall it is very well done. I am going to refrain from being specific or saying more because this film will be most enjoyable with the least amount of pre-knowledge before viewing it...but be sure and check this one out. It's not the greatest movie ever made, but I did enjoy it quite a bit.

4 out of 5 stars

SPOILER BELOW

My only complaint is the ending (last 5 minutes), but you just knew that they had to wrap things up somehow.

|  IP: Logged

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2005 03:56 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My assistant tells me that this was, indeed, a very good film. His words were that it was a very good, honest film.

Not having seen it myself, I'm not sure what he meant, but Quaid is generally decent in his films. Audience reaction will tell the true tale.

*note to self* Mark this date on the calendar. Brad actually LIKED a movie!!!

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2005 02:38 AM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto. Great film. So many believable points about corporate America. I work for a biggie in WI, its always about the bottom line. They don't care about you as an employee. Our print has awesome color saturation, and an extremely sharp image. I'm going to pick up the soundtrack on Friday. Loved Iron and Wine???? [thumbsup]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-24-2005 01:47 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it too. Good solid comedy with good actors (the guy playing Quaid's "boss" looked like a shrunken version of Brendan Fraser), and a human angle.
[Eek!] SPOILER [Eek!]
I was actually positively surprised by the ending because I had thought it would end with him coming back and learning the good old ways from Quaid and that he might get back together with the daughter.

Rich Granata
Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 11:25 AM      Profile for Rich Granata   Email Rich Granata   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Synergy" is such a BS word in business. For some reason, I instantly lose respect for people who use it. I enjoyed how this film completely obliterated it. I feel the same way about "Paradigm Shift" [Roll Eyes]

Dennis Quaid can act pretty well I guess. Who knew.

Good film [thumbsup] ...excellent soundtrack too

Darren Crimmins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 08:12 PM      Profile for Darren Crimmins   Email Darren Crimmins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's been doing it for about 25 years or so.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-27-2005 02:37 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. Dennis Quaid is probably one of my favorite actors. He is one of those actors who probably even suffer to a certain degree from being good-looking in the mainstream sense of the word, because people tend to take him less seriously than he deserves. He has actually played a lot of very different roles very convincingly and has great screen presence.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 01-28-2005 06:23 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely movie, I enjoyed Topher Grace's performance immensely. Something about his mannerisms that makes him look very believable. Ah, yes he was hot and so was Dennis...**rawr**. There were moments that everyone laughed at and moments where only I laughed at. I'm not exactly sure if that's a good thing. [Razz]

Ryan Powers
Film Handler

- posted 01-30-2005 10:47 PM      Profile for Ryan Powers   Email Ryan Powers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well written, and good performances all around. Based on the previews I thought it was going to be your average predictable romantic comedy. I was pleasantly surprised at the more realistic avenue the film took.

Theater/Presentation. Consolidated Theaters-Phillips Place. Large auditorium nearly full on a Monday night. That was surprising. Good Presentation, sound and service. *** out of four

In Good Company- *** out of Four

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-30-2005 11:19 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I'd give this movie **************************************************** out of 63.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: