Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Blade: Trinity

Author Topic: Blade: Trinity
Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 12-10-2004 01:28 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, let me just say that Jessica Beil is pretty damn hot to begin with, but DAMN she can move!!! YEAH!!!

Ryan Reynolds was of course the comic relief, and pretty damn funny overall. He actually carried himself quite well.

Wesley snipes was standard wesley snipes, good action, no talking, always the best when he doesn't talk much.

A pretty good emotionally moving death scene towards the end, hey, Jessice Beil can act a little too!!! DAMN!!!

Overall, I do rate it on par with the first Blade, and so much better than the last one.

Dominic Purcell was very good as the bad guy, yet not so overbearing that he typecasts himself as a bad guy.

Parker Posey did very well as a snooty vampire. You just really wanted to slap that bitch around.

Even Triple H did a great job as a big dumb brute of a vampire.

I had a great time watching this. I was very trepid about it considering that the last one was so incredibly not as good as the first one. But David Goyer does a great job of pulling off this completely lame story and super thin plot.

Clever writing, good pacing, direction and editing, and a half decent sound mix made it a very good piece of work.

There is good buzz on this picture, and was glad to not be dissapointed. I hope it does very well.

And it is the last one. Wesley will do no more, he is done with this crap.

Ciao baby

Dave

|  IP: Logged

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2004 03:22 AM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto, I found it entertaining too. Ryan Reynolds has buffed up a bit since his days in bad sitcom shows. The film was action packed, great camera angles, awesome color saturation, and a kick ass soundtrack. Gotta love Crystal Method my fav!!!! I liked this #3, just as well as #1, and better than #2. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2004 03:26 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want my couple of hours back. I hate almost every minute, except for a few lines by the aformentioned Mr. Reynolds. Blade was excellent, Blade 2 was ok, and Blade Trinity was worthless. Still...Jessica Biel was hot. [sex]

AJG

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 12-10-2004 08:53 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this movie was OK, but not great. The action was cool, and the sound track was great (if you like that kind of music, which I do) and will give your sound system a real workout, but some of the dialog, especially for the comic relief character was horribly out of place. I didn't appreciate the series being turned into a comedy with this movie.

I wouldn't mind watching (and listening to) the action scenes again, but I don't think I'd sit through the whole thing again.

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2004 12:37 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely a great action movie.
It has everything! Thumping music, good sound mix, cool weapons, good fight scenes and action sequences, explosions, a hot chick, and some comedy to boot!
It seemed to drag a little around the middle of the movie but otherwise it was fast enough to watch bearably. Not worth watching twice though, especially if you have to pay for it.

Did anyone else notice that the sound effects and some of the stunts didn't really match Blade's car? I.E. the fact that it looks like a manual transmission (and sounds like it too) however in the interior shot of the pedals it's obviously an automatic.
3/5 stars.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2004 12:26 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really cool film. This was the first Blade I had ever seen. I rented #1 after I saw this. This film had everything I look for in an action film. Explosions, martial arts, weapons, and best of all Vampires.

Jessica Biel didn't hurt either [sex]

Ryan Reynolds is a naturally funny guy and I agree he is more muscular in this film compared to others. The imdb says he gained 11kg of muscle for the part.

Wesley Snipes is a great actor, especially when he doesn;t say much. He just has this "dont f**k with me" persona about him.

Really cool movie 4.5/5

Mike Amici
Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2005 02:57 PM      Profile for Mike Amici   Email Mike Amici   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i thought that the vampirized pomeranian was pretty funny

Nicholas Roznovsky
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2005 02:40 PM      Profile for Nicholas Roznovsky   Author's Homepage   Email Nicholas Roznovsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another vote for the hotness of Jessica Biel.

As for the movie, eh: 3/5. I thought the first one was okay and the second one was horrible. Blade: Trinity was definitely an improvement over #2 and a pretty decent action film all the way around.

The plot was pretty minimal and the characters were predictable, but sometimes a movie is just a movie. It kept me entertained and I'd probably watch it again when it comes on TV.

I'd have to disagree with the sentiment that Wesley Snipes turns in a great performance. As usual, Snipes plays Blade as a guy who's hungover and constipated. There's no spark to his character and no "barely-controlled cool anger" to account for the performance. I think any ex-football player, rapper, or TV-sitcom actor could given the same level of indifference and stilted line delivery.

SPOILER...KIND OF....BELOW

And, I'm tired of movies trying to shock us with some giant factory/warehouse/field/etc. of humans being harvested for some nefarious purpose (ala The Matrix).

Snipes and warehouse aside, it was a pretty decent action film. Reynolds had some good lines and Biel did an okay job of playing the strong-but-wounded female.

That shower scene was lame. Hell, the film's already rated R. Give us what we came for.

Don Cross
Film Handler

- posted 01-30-2005 02:43 PM      Profile for Don Cross   Email Don Cross   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Action: 8 out of 10 stars.

Soundtrack: 8 out of 10 stars.

Choice of supporting cast: 9 out of 10 stars.

Plot: 6 out of 10 stars.

Any chance of a three disc release anytime soon?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: