Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Finding Neverland (2004)

Author Topic: Finding Neverland (2004)
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-29-2004 04:20 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
This movie should have been titled "Finding the end that never comes". Neither Johnny Depp or Kate Winslet could save this film.

1 hour 40 minutes actual running time.
3 hours 54 minutes perceived running time.

1 star out of 5

|  IP: Logged

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2005 10:38 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After Screening this film last night I have to disagree with Brad.

I enjoyed the film itself, I did not however care for Kate Winslets performance. I thought the production values when Depp is playing with the kids is really good. Especially when there on the ship playing pirate.

This film will do well for us with the senior crowd and middle aged crowds...I don't think anyone under 25 will give this film a chance here.

I give it ***1/2 out of *****

Kurt

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 01-08-2005 01:36 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was alright... Nothing overly special about this film. There was extremely way too much hype for this movie. So my expectations did not meet what people were saying about it. Depp was alright, Kate wasn't trying at all in this film. Any other actress could have done the same job for less pay. And the little kid who played Peter in the movie did a decent job. It was lacking in pace and to be honest I did not care for the side story. I wanted it to fast forward to the last 30 minutes or so.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-08-2005 04:37 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depp was...alright? Wasn't he HOT?

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 01-08-2005 07:20 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran two screenings of it; I can't comment on the film itself since I haven't seen it, but I can say that it did quite well; one house was almost full, and the other probably about 75%.

It's coming back for another eight shows this month.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 01-08-2005 11:56 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael are you letting us all know your true feelings about Depp?
Just admit it, you just wanted me to say it first.

Personally I don't really like all the background status (drugs, smoking, etc.) The guy also looks like a stick.

But like I said above his performance was decent and there were moments he was witty or funny... I will admit though that since he was in a suit for most of film he was pretty cute. [Razz] [Wink]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-08-2005 01:33 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They did drugs in that movie? I thought it was for kids. That explains the whole Neverland thing.

Yes, the line "overall it was pretty OK...(insert actor name here) was hot though" belongs into any authentic JP review.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 01-08-2005 02:12 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How else will anyone know it was my review without adding my own little "Hot" statements... It just wouldn't be the same without them. Not worthy of my opinion if I don't put my two cents into it. So since you reminded me I will add in my "Hot" statement for this film. "The Dog was HOT. He made the movie worth seeing in every aspect known to man kind... So you have to see this movie just to drool over how HOT the dog is."

Oh and it's "The Jen" not JP.

*By all means there was probably several people on drugs while filming this movie. Hence to say how well it didn't do.

There are a couple other things I did enjoy from the film...

SPOILERS!!
Depp dancing with the enormous dog..
The guy who played the Dog in the play...
And any scene where the dog was in...
Wait... was the dog the voiceover too? I couldn't remember.

Christian Volpi
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2005 10:58 AM      Profile for Christian Volpi   Author's Homepage   Email Christian Volpi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I didn't find anything else at the video store I snagged this one. I was pleasently suprised. Depp was great as always. It wasn't the best film to come out in 2004 but I would put it in the top three. 4 out of 5 stars for me.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: