Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Team America: World Police (2004) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Team America: World Police (2004)
Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2004 12:02 PM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think they may have outdone themselves.

1. The version I saw for the sneak on 10/9/04 may have been the one they proposed to the MPAA because it had the puppet sex scene. [sex]

2. Incredible puppetry work.

3. There were parts that may be gross. Including a lengthy puking scene that may cause your audience to lose it. [puke]

4. Some blood / guts that may disturb others.

So, overall 3 out of 5. I would strongly suggest that you have your staff card to enforce the rating. Strong use of language, strong use of body part words such as "C**K, S**T, PU**Y, A**HOLE".

|  IP: Logged

Dennis M Dow Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2004 10:50 PM      Profile for Dennis M Dow Jr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was funny but nowhere as good as thier first movie, Orgazmo.
Seems they had fun busting on everyone, especially actors

3 outta 5

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2004 11:06 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In a word, WOW. Any movie that can make [sex] and [puke] that damn funny has my approval.

AJG

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 10-10-2004 05:18 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This version you saw is actually the version everyone will see. The original had a two minute puppet sex scene, this was cut to 30 seconds to avoid the nc17 banner.

I give this movie my award for funniest movie of the year. Without spoiling too much, it was very refreshing to see all sides attacked for what they really are. It was a blast, i will be seeing this again. Damn funny film.

Dave

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-10-2004 11:51 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn funny movie. The sex scene left me laughing for a good 5 minutes. And actually, the sound effects actually came alive for a movie of this nature....

4 out of 5

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 10-13-2004 12:53 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen it yet, but got a pretty good laugh already from the R-rating description:
quote:
Graphic, crude & sexual humor, violent images & strong language, all involving puppets.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-13-2004 06:47 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure Brad will hate it cuz I say it's a 5 outta 5! [evil]

Once again, this team of perverted filmmakers has succeeded in out-doing themselves! [beer]

While "BASEketball" and "Terror Firmer" were OK funny, not since "Orgazmo" have these uninhibited guys released a funnier and shocking film that spares no group as this film! [beer] [thumbsup]

>>> Phil

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-14-2004 04:27 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Although I highly doubt Phil has seen this movie yet, I found it nowhere near as good as Orgazmo or Southpark, both of which earned a solid 5 out of 5. However Team America IS entertaining, some parts moreso than others. I wish the movie would've been a musical like Southpark was, because every time the show kicked into a song, it got laugh out loud funny. My personal favorite is the Pearl Harbor song.

Be sure and stay TO THE END of the credits! There are some additional lyrics to the Pearl Harbor song as well as a new song.

3.5 out of 5

For those of you who will be playing this movie at your multiplex, be sure and place it next to some kid movies. Trey Parker clearly designed the end credits to have maximum effect when placed in a complex next to kiddie fare. Just listen to the first minute of the end credits (when people will be exiting the doors and the music will be bleeding into the auditoriums and lobby) and you will see what I mean.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-14-2004 04:35 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand how a puppet movie could possibly ever get an NC-17 rating. I mean, they're puppets! It's like watching two blocks of wood have sex. Big deal! I haven't seen this yet, but I hope it doesn't get extremely boring like the second half of the South Park movie did when they introduced that French kid who was the lamest character ever, along with the boring Saddam and Satan scenes.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-14-2004 04:42 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, the wooden puppets do have sex, but it's not that. Personally I think the blow job scene was edited to remove "facial evidence". It didn't flow right. The MPAA must've made them cut part of that out.

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 10-14-2004 07:34 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having a "wooodie" has a new meaning [Big Grin] . What Thunderbirds should have been instead of being updated.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 10-14-2004 03:10 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like this movie, and I would actually not mind paying to see it. A couple of times. I'm not sure that it offends everyone... I wasn't offended at all, but maybe I missed something.

My one complaint is that these guys have to grow up just a tad. They're funny without the un-necessary language and stuff that's over the top. For some people, that's the only talent they have, and that's fine for them. You can make money with potty humor and cheap repetition of language like that. But these guys clearly don't have to do that, because they're funny on so many other levels. While it is their right to resort to the sophmoric humor, I think they can just be sooo much more successful and reach a much broader audience if they toned it down a bit. Don't get me wrong. I did just say that I don't think anything in the movie offended me. The excessive language didn't offend me. But when the characters say "Jesus T---y F---ing Christ," that sounds to me like the writers were reaching for something that would get a reaction out of the viewers. My only reaction was that it sucked me out of the movie.

I have so much more that I could say about this movie, but it would start to take things in a political direction, and I really don't want to do that. But I will say that I enjoyed the movie a lot, especially the sound track! I will sit down and watch it again. Especially with a crowd, it should be an absolute blast!

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 10-14-2004 06:09 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brad Miller
Although I highly doubt Phil has seen this movie yet, I found it nowhere near as good as Orgazmo or Southpark...
Grand-Poo-BAH, you have NO idea of what I see and don't see.

Your thoughts about that POS "South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut" only reinforces my opinion of your lack of taste for quality filmmaking! What a jerk! Brad, not me!

As far as "ORGAZMO" goes... at least we agree on that! How bizarre!

Yours in Christ,

>>> Phil

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-14-2004 06:21 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Phil Hill
Grand-Poo-BAH, you have NO idea of what I see and don't see.
Sure I do. Prove me wrong by giving a detailed spoiler of at least one scene running at least 3 minutes long. [Razz]

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 10-14-2004 06:50 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brad Miller
Sure I do. Prove me wrong by giving a detailed spoiler of at least one scene running at least 3 minutes long.

...as Mr. Hill rushes off to his nearest theatre, or quickly surfs through the Academy screener DVD... [Wink]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: