Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Shaun of the Dead

Author Topic: Shaun of the Dead
Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 09-24-2004 06:56 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By far one of the best movies I've seen all year. It has a little bit of everything. And what I mean by this is that it has comedy, drama, thriller, suspence, action, all rolled into one. You want creepy zombies? You have that in this film. It is very true to what the average person would probably do if zombies were actually taking over the world. I spent several times sitting there thinkin' "I would actually do that" or "that would probably happen". It seems very relative to life and how people would actually react if ever brought forth in such situations. And you can't leave out the ranges of characters; the lead, the funny lazy one, the intellgent loud mouth, etc. The comedy is nice and quick, every scene was not too drawn out.

This movie beats out every parody that was centered around horror. It makes the "Scary Movie" series look like childs play. Not that I'm saying those movies can even compare to a great parody but its what comes to mind when watching this film.

I've grown to respect the kind of British atmosphere in films. For example, the fast paced punch lines. Or at least they talk faster than Americans do. [Smile] Being so used to the soap opera pace dramas out there.

There were several moments where I almost jumped out of my seat, either from being surprised or from laughing. And the fact that I was practically kept on my toes even though this film is predictable it is extremely fun and some what refreshing just for the experience with an audience.

|  IP: Logged

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-26-2004 12:06 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jennifer, I have to agree with ya on this film. It was great! Only playing in 2 Milwaukee are theatres. Saw it Saturday night, maybe 30 patrons in auditorium. Laughed my ass off. Great blend of GORE and COMEDY. Surprised it got an R rating and not NC17. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2004 03:16 AM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Except for a person's insides being devoured in one scene, I didn't think the gore was that much in the movie. Definitely not an NC17.

Really fun movie and I have been waiting for this movie to come out for many months. It was nicely paced. Deebeedebee debeedebeedoo.. white liiines....

Saw it at Lefont Sandy Springs(formelry Madstone) where there were only two other guys in the theater. Not a good sign for this complex. They are doing a much worse job than Madstone at attracting customers. I wouldn't be surprised if this complex closed down again as I can't see how they are making any money.

Robert L. Fischer
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-10-2004 01:37 AM      Profile for Robert L. Fischer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's clever and pretty funny, but I think this one's a little overrated. Not bad though, especially when compared to what's been released the past few months.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: