Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Forgotten

Author Topic: The Forgotten
Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2004 08:48 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, what to say, what to say?

I'll just leave this one up to you guys/gals

*YAWN*

I will admit, there was one scene that caught me off guard and made me jump a tad... Then again, it could have been because of my nodding off... [Smile]

SPOILERS:
Abductions and coverups, ala X-Files... just don't cut it anymore.. [Frown]

|  IP: Logged

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 09-23-2004 11:57 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was pretty decent despite the camera man seemingly wearing rollerskates for some scenes. UGH! Stop with the freakin SEIZURE CAM, PEOPLE!

Once you figured out what was going on, it became somewhat predictable I thought, but I still enjoyed it.

** SPOILERS **
X-Files stuff still works for me. And I think the one scene that made you jump is probably the same one that really made me jump.

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2004 02:13 AM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was an OK film. Probably won't do well, as it lacks any well known big boxoffice grabbing cast members. But, then again....who cares.It was an interesting 91 minutes, and time went by quickly. By the way, I jumped too!

The one sheet is a ripoff of Dawn of the Dead (2004).

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2004 09:53 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was pretty good. I feel that there were two scenes that made you jump.

R. Andrew Diercks
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2004 10:12 AM      Profile for R. Andrew Diercks   Email R. Andrew Diercks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Overall story not that great. The male lead was not the greatest actor either. I cannot take away that I was very entertained and jumped a couple times. It was fun to watch.

Rich Granata
Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2004 10:59 AM      Profile for Rich Granata   Email Rich Granata   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was great. I dont see these types of movies often. The digital sound helped keep me awake.

It was one of those movies where, if I had paid to see it, I still would have been happy. That is how I am judging movies now. Because I keep saying movies are great and then I wonder if If I had acually paid for it I would have been displeased. I know thats why the employees say every movie is great. When they recommend something (Paparazzi, etc.) I no longer believe them.

3/4 stahs

Jason M Miller
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2004 01:48 PM      Profile for Jason M Miller   Email Jason M Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good, not great but good....

Greg Davis
Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2004 12:49 AM      Profile for Greg Davis   Email Greg Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] SPOILER!!!!11z [Eek!]

This movie blows at the end. Oh wait the beginning too. It looks like first contact and xfiles made babies, and those babies were ugly. if your me and movies are free because your a booth gnome go for it, waste an evening. Dont pay for this mumbo jumbo.

There were some parts that had sweet effects, but what convinced me that this was cookie cutter "quote suspense end quote" was the single shot where the detective gets ripped away. a LITTLE PREDICTABLE. Same technique used when the alien/guywhogotthepartbecausehelooksweird flies out the building. "HOW CONVENIENT! the camera is already looking off into the horizon, RIGHT where they are gonna fly away! Heck, lets use it 3 times. no one will care, and it saves time for us to have to move the camera!" Oh yeah and this movie sucks. I think i said that already.

Brad Allen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2004 11:32 PM      Profile for Brad Allen   Email Brad Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good film, the mothers in our group really thought so. Mothers as in females that have children. [Smile]

Patrick de Groot
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2005 04:45 PM      Profile for Patrick de Groot   Email Patrick de Groot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This film wasn't that good. At the end I asked myself "what are they trying to tell us?" or "whats the story?". The characters behave sometimes strange. Some nice shock effects though. That "one scene" was great.

SPOILERS

*where were the children all that time? Playing in the backyard of the aliens?
*where is that nice good female inspector at the end? The father returns but our friendly inspector is gone...
*However, our friendly inspector did not think very long before shooting some bullets at the invinceble man who did nothing wrong except keep on walking
*Not very interesting experiment of our alien visitors
*Why was the child on the airfield?

END SPOILERS

It was watchable but it was somewhat long winded and it didn't have an interesting story.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: