Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Wimbledon

Author Topic: Wimbledon
Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-18-2004 12:04 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attendance: 2004/09/18 19:15, Regal Hollywood 18, Huntsville, AL, Auditorum 10, Scope

Even if you're not a tennis fan, you'll likely enjoy this movie, since it focuses not on tennis that much, but on the love story that develops between Peter Colt (played by Paul Bettany) and Lizzie Bradbury (played by Kirsten Duntz). It's a nice, light-hearted romantic comedy.

I went into this movie knowing nothing about it (except that it was "scope" and 98 minutes long) and had no idea what to expect, since a female friend of mine wanted to see it. I went with her and two other male friends. This was in a large auditorum at Regal Hollywood 18 (40 foot screen in scope mode) and there was a large audience. The presentation quality was excellent.

In short: Jolly good! I recommend it for those who like light-hearted romantic comedies!

|  IP: Logged

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 09-18-2004 12:19 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it wasn't too bad. I enjoyed it for the most part. It felt a little slow in some parts. But I did like the struggle of the tennis matches. The voice over was funny at parts but also at times annoying at certain scenes where it would have just been fine with silence or music.

Greg Davis
Film Handler

- posted 09-18-2004 01:06 AM      Profile for Greg Davis   Email Greg Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was pretty cool, but the same thing as when I saw "Eternal Sunshine," it was just me and another guy projectionist. Probably would be different if there was a female anywhere near. But who cares. we make do.

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2004 03:31 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked this movie, as it wasn't too long and entertaining. It also showed a bit of how a Grand Slam title is, especially Wimdeldon (NOTE: Not wimbel-TON). The tennis was very much CGI, which I really didn't like, but it was a cool little movie.

3.5/5

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 09-24-2004 09:26 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed this one. It's the same old tired romantic comedy line that's been done a thousand times before. But when the movie is done well, it's still fun to watch.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: