Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Paparazzi

Author Topic: Paparazzi
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2004 10:34 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I really wanted to see this one because it looked really good and I like the lead actor from when he was in 2 Fast 2 Furious. He is very talented.

Overall this movie had me on the edge of my seat throughout. My dad, who WILL let you know if a movie sucks, was really excited in this movie. This movie really shows the true evil and decietful ways of the paparazzi. One man can finally stop it. That man is "Bo Laramie" [Smile]

Really good

4/5 stars

[ 09-06-2004, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Richard Greco ]

|  IP: Logged

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2004 03:19 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It had it's ups and downs. I thought the ending was predictable but judging from what kind of film it is, that is to be expected.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2004 02:26 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard are you talking about Cole Hauser... he was a lead in 2 Fast 2 Furious not Bad Boys 2.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2004 10:24 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are right...Got my movies mixed up.

Darren Crimmins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2004 09:49 PM      Profile for Darren Crimmins   Email Darren Crimmins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was also good as the lead Neo-Nazi in the 1995 "Higher Learning".

Rich Granata
Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2004 09:33 AM      Profile for Rich Granata   Email Rich Granata   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsdown] I expected more of it. I like movies where the guy takes the law into his own hands, but this wasn't great. The direcing wasn't bad but the photographers were terrible at acting. And the Mel Gibson cameo WAS SO DUMB! Same thing with Matthew Makonohay. WHY?

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2004 10:34 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was funny as hell with the Mel Gibson cameo. You must've not gotten the BLATANT joke that was intended.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!

The therapist says that the journals are really successful for many of her patients. Bo walks out, trashes the journal and we see Gibson with a HUGE stack of these things. It was funny. FYI, Gibson owns the production company, ICON productions, which did this movie.

The Matthew McConahey(sp?) cameo was to point out that Bo finally made it big and had big name stars admiring his work.

Take this movie for what it is worth, a really cool revenge flick.

I think that everyone played fine. The paparazzi were what they were. Evil, ruthless and conniving. I still think it is one of the better movies I've seen in a while.

Rich Granata
Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2004 07:39 PM      Profile for Rich Granata   Email Rich Granata   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey now. I like revenge flicks too but... come on.
I didn't like the Mel Gibson thing BECAUSE it was Icon productions. How funny would it have been if he put himself in Passion...HAHAH... I guess the movie was OK. [Big Grin]

Chris Rock was funny.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2004 08:36 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed....Did you know that he did have a cameo in passion?

Angel Suarez
Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2004 07:54 PM      Profile for Angel Suarez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really wouldn't consider seeing your hand on the screen a cameo. I belive this is what your talking about for Passion.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 02-02-2005 04:05 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only good part of this movie was the lobby and under the marquee shot of the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood.

This was a Very predictable thriller.

This was the first time I've ever seen Dennis Farina play a pussy cop in a movie.

1/5 stars ( 1 for the Pantages)

I had a screening recently, so thats why its a late review.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: