Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Harold & Kumar go to White Castle (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Harold & Kumar go to White Castle
Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2004 04:34 PM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was highly skeptical of this movie going in, but was quite please to discover this movie is hilarious! It's been a long time since there was a really good "doper" flick like this. Kumar stole the show, but Harold was the perfect sidekick. It's basically a road-trip movie about two guys just wanting to load up on White Castle burgers after getting stoned, but end up having to run a gauntlet of snafus and the occasional happy accident. A few scenes were borrowed from other movies like Tommyboy. All in all I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

|  IP: Logged

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2004 04:41 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could you please change the title of the thread to the proper movie title? The proper title is "Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle"

It is appropriate to cite the full title for those who don't work with the film directly.

Thank You

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2004 05:28 PM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mr. mod.

Edit
Nevermind. It's not even worth the hassle.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 07-22-2004 06:15 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am posting this message publicly because it makes me feel important, instead of sending a private message that would do the same thing. But why would I want to do that? If I post publicly then people can see how smart I am! [evil]

There are two ways to do things, nicely and publicly. As you can see, I am not nice. [Razz]

And that's the way the cookie crumbles... [Eek!]

Ciao

Dave [Big Grin]

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2004 08:50 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could you be any LESS obvious [Roll Eyes]

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2004 10:12 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This film was funny in a few certain parts, but highly (no pun intended) predictable. I have again, in one day been cheated out of 1hr 45min of my life.

Maybe all the smoked out crowd coming to see the film will find the humor in it and appreciate it for what it is.. a true stoner film.

1/5

Robert L. Fischer
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-23-2004 12:21 AM      Profile for Robert L. Fischer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really care to get caught up in this debate, but I'm pretty sure it's 'Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle' -- as cited on their website -- because that makes more sense gramatically. 'Go' is capitalized because it is a verb and 'to' isn't because it is a preposition.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 07-23-2004 09:37 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today I am giving all a pass on my superior intellect. I am deep in writing a column today and I need to stay focused! [Mad]

I will be back to rip you all a new whole on monday! [evil]

CIAO!!

Dave

Scott Balko
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-23-2004 07:47 PM      Profile for Scott Balko   Email Scott Balko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um...Dave, wouldn't that be 'hole' and not 'whole'? [Razz]

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-23-2004 11:23 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Warning to Brad: DO NOT SEE THIS

You will tear it up [thumbsup]

Holy [bs]

This movie IS the FUNNIEST this year. Never have I laughed so hard at a movie. Everybody was awesome!!

Who was the girl playing Maria? She was absolutely hot!!!

I am definately seeing this again next week and maybe even the week after that. Absolutely I will have this on DVD.

It sucked that there was no extra scene at the end of the credits. I would have loved to see more of the cheetah.

Definately a Must see if you can totally suspend reality for 1.5 hrs

5/5 [thumbsup] [beer] [Big Grin]

Nicole Halper
Film Handler

- posted 07-24-2004 02:03 AM      Profile for Nicole Halper   Author's Homepage   Email Nicole Halper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say "I LOVE White Castle" -Really I do! I haven't had a White Castle burger in probably 8 years...*sigh* Hence the reason I Loved the movie. I used to live up in Philly- and we went to Jersey to the Cherry Hill Mall all the time, so this was a personal joy to watch. The movie was predictable- but hilarious all the while. I did half expect them to wake up and not remember what happened the night before, but that's understandable.

Oh and just to add- afterwards, my sister and I got in the car and drove to Wendy's around midnight (because it would take just a little too long to drive to Philly from here)~ They have square meat- but you can't beat the square bun!

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 07-24-2004 03:47 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think "Burgershack" might have been a better title.......

We're 2.5 hours away from a new Krispy Kreme factory outlet store. Can't wait 'til someone does a film about all the crazy people that make excuses to drive over two hours for donuts. Add a little sex, smoke a joint or two, pile in a fast car and you've got everything you need for a movie.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 07-25-2004 09:20 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Scott Balko
Um...Dave, wouldn't that be 'hole' and not 'whole'?

WHOA!! HAHAHAHA!! WOW YOU CAUGHT ME!!! [Mad]

Actually I meant "whole". Just kind of who I am! [evil]

I rip people a new "whole", as in a "whole lot of things", as opposed to "hole", as in a hole in the head. If I ripped people a new hole in the head, or somewhere else for that matter, then they wouldn't be able to enjoy the everpresence of my incredible humor and wit that brings order to the universe.

Ciao [Big Grin]

Dave

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2004 02:03 AM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was funny, but not great. Just another "stoner" movie. How could anybody that baked enjoy a White Castle burger? They are dreadful, and nasty tasting. Harold and Kumar could have gone to their local supermarket and bought a box of 'em in the frozen food section. Hell with drivin' around all night! They do possess a winning formula, both were funny and seem to be a good match. Gotta love their collection (and friends) of smoking devices. Ah yes, the bong. That brings back college memories from many years ago.Today, my choice of drugs is Guinness! [beer] [beer]

Ryan Luby
Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2004 03:24 AM      Profile for Ryan Luby   Email Ryan Luby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good comedy. Not my favorite of the year but I enjoyed it. [Smile]
I liked both of them in their roles.

I've only seen John Cho in the American Pie films but I thought he did a good job in his first lead. Has he played any other big roles?

And Don, my stoner friends (aka the entire hockey team) back in high school lived at Whitey's. I never liked the place much and don't smoke so I wouldn't know what it's like.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: