Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Catwoman

Author Topic: Catwoman
Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2004 03:20 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty lame. The only thing this has going for it is halle berry. 95% of the movie felt tacked on.

|  IP: Logged

Andrea Werft
Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2004 01:37 PM      Profile for Andrea Werft   Email Andrea Werft   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah..Halle Berry's Breasts! [Big Grin]

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2004 08:16 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet Jesus...

I thought I'd wasted enough of my life having to screen Anchorman, but I'd swear that this piece of [bs] comes REALLY close to matching Anchorman it all it's lame glory.

The acting, or lack thereof.. PITIFUL.

The only TWO things that this film had going for it are Sharon Stone and Halle Berry, in that order. Both of them are mui caliente...

Save your money.. spend the 2 hours of you life on something else... but whatever you do, for cripes sake.. AVOID THIS FILM.

1/5

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-22-2004 11:17 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto to Jason...Sweet Jesus!!!

Actually I haven't screened this movie in it's entirity, but thankfully I got someone else to sit through it! With what I saw, it is clearly a big warm sloppy pile of crap.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-23-2004 08:21 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I already forgot what the stroy was about. But Ms Berry just looks absolutely stunning in that cat outfit. And I am not even into leather stuff! I think people who are might suffer a medical emergency watching this movie.

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-24-2004 11:05 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[bs] [bs] [bs] It's like watching a really really bad Janet Jackson music video. Anyone who has seen the film will kinda know what I mean. This has got to be the worst film since Master of Disguise!

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 07-25-2004 12:51 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heeeere shitty shitty shitty shitty!! [thumbsdown]

My cat says: meow, meow, meow, meow, purr, meow, purr, purr.

Translation: This movie made me be ashamed to be a cat. [thumbsdown]

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-25-2004 02:00 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
look at it this way Jeremy, at least now you know that your cat can bring you back to life, so start carrying it around with you everywhere, jsut in case. I have four cats, so I should live forever.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-25-2004 04:53 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Don Anderson
It's like watching a really really bad Janet Jackson music video.
What do you mean? Unfortunately, there are no boobs popping out anywhere. Now that you mention it - it would really have upgraded the movie!

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 07-25-2004 10:33 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No boobs popping out? Now I know for sure I'm skipping this one. [Smile]

Dennis M Dow Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2004 09:10 PM      Profile for Dennis M Dow Jr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
only thing that made this tolerable was Halle Berry .

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-16-2004 09:52 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have avoided this one but I happened to watch the "Ferris wheel scene" just now. That is totally ridiculous.

1. No Ferris wheel, if it malfunctions, would make big loud crashing noises like that when it stops and/or tries to re-start.

2. No Ferris wheel has big gigantic humongous greasy gears like are shown in the movie. The wheel is driven by a cable which goes all the way around the wheel and is wrapped around two small wheels, which are connected to the motor via clutch.

(#2 above applies to wheels as made by the Eli Bridge Company, the originators of the traveling carnival wheel. The newer wheels such as the Century Wheel are driven by rubber tires -- but still no gigantic gears.)

Not that I was expecting anything believeable about this movie, but jeeez.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 09-01-2004 04:47 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing I actually liked about this movie was how it was shot. The style for reason was appealing. The whole music video feeling. [Cool]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 09-02-2004 11:35 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jennifer Pan
The style for reason was appealing.
I can't figure out what that means. But I agree, the movie really looks very good - all movies shot by Thierry Arbogast look great.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 09-03-2004 12:35 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I just meant that I liked it. [Razz] It was different, thats what I was visually attracted by.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: