Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Garfield

Author Topic: Garfield
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2004 01:58 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very cute...

Growing up with Garfield for years, I was looking forward to this. It wasn't as funny as I'd hoped but it recovered with a pretty decent plot. Definately see this with a crowd. The short in the beginning of the film got loads of laughs from the kids.

I think this was average but could have been funnier. Overall Not too bad.

3/5 stars

|  IP: Logged

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2004 01:59 PM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are a very brave man.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2004 02:03 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pravin, I have 2 dogs and 1 cat and my cat acts just like Garfield...hehe I see some twisted stuff that my aqnimals do so this I can relate to. [Big Grin]

Josh Kirkhart
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2004 02:09 PM      Profile for Josh Kirkhart   Email Josh Kirkhart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will see it on video later but....

My theatre didn't receive this as we are competitive now. But now when I drive to work and pass our competitor I will chuckle like a little girl as I read 'Garfield' at the top of their marquee. Its a 'Alamo Drafthouse'. Would love to see those moms faces as they drive up or read the theatre name and go WTF, or Hallelujah depending on the state of mind.

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2004 08:17 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw it last night. It was very entertaining. Bill Murray did a great job as the vocals for Garfield. Special effects were very well done, soundtrack was enjoyable. I have never read a Garfield comic book, or seen any cartoon. Garfield was totally new to me, other than seeing the image prior to seeing the movie. I enjoyed the film, it had me chuckling, and I can see families seeing this over and over again. Its sqeaky clean, good if not great, family entertainment. All the little creatures in the film were sooo loveable. Makes ya wanna run out and adopt a pet!! [Smile] The Ice Age cartoon prior to the feature was very interesting too! This movie packed them in today....I was running my ass off all day and into the night. Where do the kids put all the food??? My gosh, I certainly can't eat that much stuff.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 06-12-2004 06:15 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like what I've seen of this movie. It seems like a fun summer matinee flick to take the kids to see. Our print looks fabulous believe it or not. The contrast is great, the colors are rich, and the picture is rock solid. It's on Kodak 2383 stock if you're wondering.

One interesting piece of trivia, for the Garfield cartoons, a guy by the name of Lorenzo Music did his voice. Lorenzo also provided the voice of Peter Venkman from 1986 & 1987 in the cartoon series "The Real Ghostbusters." In this movie, Bill Murray does Garfield's voice, and as I'm sure everyone here knows, Bill Murray played Peter Venkman in the Ghostbusters movies.

I thought that was interesting anyway. And that concludes your useless trivia for today. [Wink]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-16-2004 06:56 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roger Ebert gave it 3 stars and a "thumbs up." I'd have bet any amount against that!

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 06-19-2004 05:16 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really did like this movie. It looks really dumb from the outset, as the ad campaign makes it look cheesy and stupid. But the film really is cute. If you go in expecting it to be stupid, and you refuse to open your mind for even half a second to the possibility that it might NOT be that dumb, then it is going to be dumb.

I on the other hand, tend to at least give it half a chance before I condemn it to hell! [Mad]

I't isn't great, but it was very cute, and garfield is just like my cat Orion, except for the fact that my Orion is grey, he is just like Garfield, so it was good for me.

As for you dog lovin' cat hatin' rednecks....

CATS RULE!!! [evil]

Dave

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: