Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Chronicles of Riddick

Author Topic: The Chronicles of Riddick
John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2004 06:51 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry- posted info in the wrong forum

|  IP: Logged

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2004 11:23 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since this title is already started....

I just walked out on our employee screening.....

I have only waled out on 2 movies before...Cabin Fever and Stuck On You...This SUCKED!!!

0/5 stars

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 06-11-2004 03:45 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmmmmmm, I just walked out on ours too. I went upstairs and finished some things I needed to do.

This one qualifies as a TURKEY!

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2004 02:08 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never saw Pitch Black, but still, I had no idea what the hell was going on. I didn't like the movie, but I enjoyed the deep bass passages. Anyone else have their theatres rumbling with this one? Seriously, Hollywood should just re-release classic films instead of giving us this stuff every week. And of course, it's promoted as the new and best thing going. Um yeah, riiight Hollywood. But yeah, I did like the bass!

AJG

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 06-12-2004 10:25 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hot Ticket (Leonard Maltin and Joyce Kulhawik) gave this one a hilarious "two 'not's" review. Vin Diesel and Judi Dench in the same movie? They're calling it "The Chronicles of Riddikulous."

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2004 10:46 AM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Pitch Black was one of the better movies in the year it came out. What is the world coming to. RIddick getting bad reviews while Garfield getting decent ones? I will edit this later for a review after watching Riddick. I hope it's not as bad as you guys say it is.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 06-12-2004 06:02 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't care less about either of the sides at war in this movie. I liked the Riddick character, and I liked Pitch Black a lot. I thought that was a great sci-fi/horror film. But this one...? It was mediocre sci-fi at best, with no horror element at all. So I can't even compare this one to Pitch Black. But I can say that as a stand alone film, I didn't like this one much at all.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: