Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Volcanoes of the Deep Sea - IMAX

Author Topic: Volcanoes of the Deep Sea - IMAX
Dominique Replogle
Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2004 09:01 PM      Profile for Dominique Replogle   Author's Homepage   Email Dominique Replogle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to take a moment to share with everyone a a little about a movie I screened In our museum the other day. The movie is called "Volcanoes of the Deep Sea" and is from Stepehen Low Productions. We are showing the movie in 15/70 as the movie was filmed in. Narrated by Ed Harris the movie takes you twelve thousand feet down to get a look at some undersea volcanoes and geothermal anomolies. This movie is incredible and the people with wich I had to work with to get it here are the best you could ever hope for. They are prompt about their replies in email and phone. When they say they will ship the film on such and such date, they do it. They have been a joy to work with. I guess this is sort of a review for the company as well as the film. If you work in a large format theatre and are looking for a spectacular 3-D movie, this is your film. You can of course see clips at bigmoviezone.com but the clips do not do it justice. Filmed in 35 mm the resolution of the film is breathtaking. I don't mean to ramble on and on but when I see a good thing I am the first to put the word out. Do your theatre a favor and book this film. I created a survey and passed it out to our audience to fill out after the movie and the response was a lot of very positive feedback. I have a couple of friends in the industry who came to the screening and they are very critical of what they see in film. They both loved it.

Dom

(Title edited by moderator to show movie title, not "large format review".)

[ 05-15-2004, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-15-2004 10:25 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dom, Its not filmed in 35mm though... in 65mm. But 15 perf horizontal 35mm would make a very interesting format.

Mark

Dominique Replogle
Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2004 10:44 PM      Profile for Dominique Replogle   Author's Homepage   Email Dominique Replogle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
your right Mark, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out.

Dom

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: