Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Mean Girls

Author Topic: Mean Girls
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2004 12:25 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hrmm...where to start.

This was your typical teenage revenge flick and the end was typical of many movies like it. I must say that I love Christmas now even more after seeing this film. Many scenes I was trying to pick my jaw up off the floor when Lindsay Lohan and Lacey Chabert were on screen. Lindsay did an excellent job in this and the ohers did too.

I enjoyed many scenes.
POSSIBLE SPOILER
The gay guy was absolutely hilarious!!

There are many people from SNL in this film. Overall, The acting was great for the type of film it is The sound mix was decent. And I built it perfectly!!!!

Lindsay Lohan [Eek!] [Big Grin] [thumbsup]
Lacey Chabert [evil] [Eek!] [Razz] [thumbsup]

I will say that I am looking forward to seeing how Rachel McAdams does in "The Notebook" since she has only done comedys so far.

I give Mean Girls a 3/5

|  IP: Logged

Erika McCarty
Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2004 04:27 PM      Profile for Erika McCarty   Email Erika McCarty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Typically I don't buy into/enjoy the "teen set" films...but Mean Girls definitely had a satirical and witty edge that set it above most. I genuinely laughed out loud at parts; this film makes fun of teen-age girls well and the Saturday Night Live influence was definitely noticeable. Mean Girls is good for what it is and not a total waste of time if you're in the mood for some comedy.

On a side note , the rating of this film is definitely deserved. Lindsay Lohan somewhat breaks out of her typical candy-coated role, there's plenty of language etc... in the film. Definitely not for the pre-teen audience she often targets.

Overall: [Smile]

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 05-02-2004 03:50 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great teen movie.

The SNL influence stems deeper than just a few of the cast members. This film also produced in part by Lorne Micheals.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 05-03-2004 02:13 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually really liked this movie. I expected so much less from this. But I gained so much more laughs:) Enjoyable and I wouldn't mind watching it a couple of more times. All of the characters did pretty well, and it wasn't too cheesy.

4/5

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-03-2004 03:50 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with the Jen! [thumbsup]

I liked it.

>>> Phil

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2004 02:55 AM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HIllary Duff, Lindsay Lohan. Heard these two are at war. Never saw any stuff from either of these girls. All I saw were Hillary Duff's annoying videos. I think Hillary's annoying presence made me prejudge Lohan too. After watching Mean Girls, all I can say is I hope the Duff camp loses in whatever wars they are engaging in.

A very solid entertaining movie even if it isn't as good as Heathers. It softens up a bit too much towards the end. But it is more than video rental worthy. Good performances by all. The movie moves fairly briskly. Tina Fey does a better job writing and acting here than she does on SNL. Maybe she should spare us her less than stellar tenure on SNL and concentrate more on movies.

Mike Perju
Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2004 09:33 PM      Profile for Mike Perju   Email Mike Perju   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The great thing about this film is that it is the most accurate depiction of schools today I have ever seen.

Also, Pravin, there are people who woud disagree that Ms. Lohan should "win". I know a few extras who worked on Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, and they were telling me stories of how Ms. Lohan is a real bitch who enjoys talking down on people. Even director Sara Sugarman used to chant "bring out the bitch, bring out the bitch" when Ms. Lohan was needed on set... :-)
Ms. Lohan gave her costars such a hard time, many of them turned down working on Mean Girls when the production shot some scenes here in Toronto.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-22-2004 10:45 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this tonight at Regal Madison Square 12 here in Huntsville, AL and enjoyed it, and felt that although many details were exaggerated, there's a lot of truth to the depiction of the way school-age girls interact. Groups of teenage girls have extremely complex ways of interacting, and there is a lot of truth to the ways they find to manipulate each other. All of them aren't that bad, of course. I think everyone has a desire to manipulate others to a degree.

I'll bet most of you can think back to your high school years and think of people that could fit the roles played by many people in this movie.

Taylor Hogue
Film Handler

- posted 07-21-2004 11:27 PM      Profile for Taylor Hogue   Email Taylor Hogue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you ill be hard pressed to find many teenage girls that do not fit into one of the characters in the movie. The only thing they MAY have lacked were the floaters. Those girls that can hang out with everyone, but really belong to no particular group (I don't consider Lohan to fall into this category because she socially denied Janis). True enough though, the ending was rather unbelievable. Nothing would have changed Regina in the end, in the real world. I think it was more obviously realistic to those on the receiving end of vicious high school attacks.

Anyway, great movie!! I think everyone should watch it!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: