Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Ella Enchanted

Author Topic: Ella Enchanted
Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 04-11-2004 09:10 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really REALLY wanted to see this film but it was a total disappointment. As I took it, it was supposed to be a love story/fantasy/comedy but it wasn't funny at all... The only funny moments were just cheap laughs like people farting or making some other bodily noise. Yeah, that's all I have to say about this one.

|  IP: Logged

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-13-2004 03:51 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So this week I was channeling my inner child. I channeled my inner 18-year-old and saw The Girl Next door. All men are basically horny teenagers at heart. I channeled my inner 16-year-old girl and went and saw The Prince and Me and I channeled my inner 12-year-old girl and saw Ella Enchanted.

I didn't like all the references to modern life.

I did like Eric Idle as the narrator, Parminder K. Nagra as the best friend and the talking snake.

I did not like, Vivica A. Fox.

I liked that Jimi Mistry was in the film and that they used many "Bollywood" elements in the film.

And are there any more ethereal creatures on this earth than Anne Hathaway and the horse she rode in on. She has a smile that gives Julia Roberts a run for her money. And the horse she gets to ride is one of the most magnificent creatures I have ever seen on film. I don't usually lean that way.

Other than that, I thought the film was piss-poor and I am wondering what Harvey Weinstein is doing with his life lately.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: