Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Starsky & Hutch (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Starsky & Hutch
Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-22-2004 12:52 AM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screened our Sneak Preview tonight with our paying audience seeing that we didn't get the print until 4pm today.

All in all, a decent film, taking into consideration what it is meant to be. I really wanted to see the film whe nI first saw the banner. Then I saw the trailer which pretty much changed my mind.

Overall, the acting typifies what one would expect from both Wilson and Stiller. Snoop is, well, he's simply Snoop.

I'd give this a 2.5 out of 5. Not a must see by any stretch of the imagination.

|  IP: Logged

Nick Engstrom
Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2004 03:27 AM      Profile for Nick Engstrom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
agreed, I pretty much gave it 2 out of 5, while I laughed a ton, for the most part, I thought it was dry and dull [Frown]

I was sadly disappointed, especially by how much they played off Old School

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 03-05-2004 12:33 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This movie SUCKED!!!! [thumbsdown] Anything remotely funny was already in the trailers. It's not worth the money or the time to watch this stupid movie.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-05-2004 01:47 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The 2004 Suck-A-Thon continues with Starsky and Hutch. Bad, bad, bad.

William Leland III
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2004 04:13 PM      Profile for William Leland III   Author's Homepage   Email William Leland III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i like Vince Vaughn, but he couldn't save this sucky movie, it sucked

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2004 05:27 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I rather enjoyed this one but not as much as Old School. I found it funny about the "homage" to Old School during the Bat Mitzvah scene.

Dennis M Dow Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2004 11:22 PM      Profile for Dennis M Dow Jr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this movie was ok.... First off it was nothing like the original series nor was it meant to be.... the costumes and hair styles were way over the top as was some of the acting.
Overall 2 out of 4

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 03-10-2004 01:45 AM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The movie itself was not too bad, I have seen far worse so far this year...

What was bad was the GIGANTIC CRAP code that had HUGE orange dots in a pattern that was half the screen width wide! and almost all of it in bright light colored scenes in the film! [Frown]

And this coming from Technicolor Hollywood, not DeLuxe!! [Mad] [fu] [bs]

-Aaron

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-10-2004 04:04 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron, you might want to reject that reel. None of my prints had cap code like that.

James Leon Rockett Jr
Film Handler

- posted 03-11-2004 01:45 PM      Profile for James Leon Rockett Jr   Email James Leon Rockett Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't be the only one who liked it..

Todd Phillips directing Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson? You can't expect more than a laugh riot, and that's what I got out of it.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 03-11-2004 01:56 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When are they going to give it up. Stop making movies based off of TV shows. They just do not work. I didn't like Mod Squad I didn't like Charlis angels and I didn't like Starsky and Hutch. Owen wilson was being himself stupid and numbing to the senses. I did like Ben Stiller doing Starsky especially when he went under cover.....Do it! Do it!.....Wilson's humor is so stale in movies and you can't look at him without having to brake your stare from that screwed up nose he has.

I give this one *1/2 stars out of four.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 03-11-2004 02:46 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have not seen the film and have no intention of ever seeing it after I saw the trailer a couple of times. Can anyone tell me what was so funny about the scene showing a horse or a pony being shot to death at a child's birthday party?

-Claude

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 03-11-2004 04:53 PM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stiller's undercover bit was a blatant reprise of his "Do it Man" character from the Ben Stiller Show ten years ago. Yes, it's a funny bit, but it's the fact that he used it at all that made me cringe. They must have run out of ideas.

I was walking through the auditorium last weekend as a full audience viewed the film, and they were laughing hysterically at things like poking a corpse in the crotch with a stick. What, that was funny? I'm so out of touch with today's movie-going public. (Or, perhaps, I've just developed taste ... well, that can be argued, too.)

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 03-18-2004 01:04 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess it makes it more funny when you have never seen the Ben Stiller Show.

Claude, that whole scene involved a shoot out the pony was inside a tent. Nobody new it was there.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 03-18-2004 01:32 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darryl,

Yes, I know the shooting of the pony was unintentional in the movie but I still cannot understand why it should provoke people to laugh when that happened. Being an animal lover, my heart ached when I saw that scene in the trailer and I knew I was not going to spend my hard earned money on a movie that makes fun of a killing of one of God's innocent creatures.

-Claude

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: