Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen

Author Topic: Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-19-2004 02:13 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow did this suck!!! I am so blown away at the sheer stupidity of this film, I really don't know how to even comment. Come the end of this year, this one is going to end up in the top 10 stinkers of 2004 for certain.

I dare you to sit through this. I dare you!

|  IP: Logged

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-20-2004 12:07 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it.

After viewing my screener copy and discussing this film with Brad offline, I sincerely fail to see what his problem is with the great "modern" film!

>>> Phil

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-20-2004 12:19 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said Phil, "I dare you to sit through this". That means you have to WATCH it first. [Razz]

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2004 03:19 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, how dumb can a movie get? One thing is that Linsday Lohan is definitely developing nicely.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2004 10:45 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FYI Chris, She turns 18 this July 2nd

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 02-20-2004 02:21 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree with Brad. This movie sucked and sucked some more. The only way I ever even enjoyed this film was because my friends were making funny comments through out the whole film... Great to have friends and laugh about how stupid the film was [Smile]
The acting was horrible and the script was like it was written by some really old bat that was on crack.

The obssessed boy character was hot (No butt but really hot), can't act worth anything.

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2004 07:35 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lobotomy material.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-20-2004 07:59 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
While the "ladies" that wrote the screenplay and the original book are not on crack to my knowledge, I agree with Jennifer that they are a couple of "old", out-of-date"(& s) dykes that are waaaay overrated!

If indeed the book was based on "her" life and friends... what a loser!

She should stick to writting "kids books" and the other "lady" should stick to producing old-ladies TV shows.

BTW: Jennifer...did you "predict" I would say all that? [Razz]

Why do I just "know" you'll answer "yes" to that? Deja vu?

>>> Phil

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 02-23-2004 12:30 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil: Something in to that extent. I knew you would agree that whoever wrote the script was messed up.
Anyone else who saw this movie would agree with me. I'm still wondering who would produce such crap and have it go nation wide.
I didn't know that it was based on a book or someones' life. That is really sad, I hope it wasn't a best seller. And if it was most likely the author bought all the copies.

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-23-2004 01:29 PM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And then to have debut at #2 opening weekend ?

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 02-25-2004 01:32 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only reason I saw this movie was because my eight year old daughter loves me so intently that she wanted to see the torture in my eyes for 90 friggin minutes.

That said... MY GOD WHAT PASSES FOR A MOVIE.

The first hour made me just want to puke. It was so damned stupid.

I will give some kudos to the guy playing the english rock star. His drunken performance in the police station made me laugh my ass off. It is not worth sitting through that horrid movie.

And a good moment when the rock star cleans up at the end because he was called a drunk by his biggest fan and he didn't like it. Score one for AA.

Now on to Lindsay Lohan. She has really filled out! DAMN! She really is talented, and it was sad that this movie suffered from a bad original story idea, script, production and directorial staff, and also from really bad looping during that last ELIZA ROCKS crap.

All in all, don't see this movie. You will want to kill yourself. It took all I had to keep a smile on my face and feign laughing interest in this peice of crap so my daughter would not be offended by my opinion of this "awesome movie" of hers.

And I thought I had had enough after brother bear. Why do dads do this to themselves? Something about daddy daughter day just makes me want to do dumb stuff like this that takes a whole week to vomit enought to cleanse my system.

Rant off.

ciao

Dave

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: