Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Welcome to Mooseport

Author Topic: Welcome to Mooseport
Nate Lehrke
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2004 04:40 AM      Profile for Nate Lehrke   Email Nate Lehrke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Donald Petrie continued his trend of long, boring & predictable films like “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days” & “Miss Congeniality” with his newest film: “Welcome to Mooseport”.

The movie has what looks like a good cast with Romano, Hackman, Savage, & Gay Harden; but Ray Romano should stay on TV & away from the big screen. His performance as Herold “Handy” Harrison wasn’t funny at all & painful at parts. Gene Hackman is naturally an actor so he comes across just fine, but his character is annoying throughout the film.

The story is very forgettable and tediously routine most the time. Maybe because I don’t like love stories or maybe just that I was expecting a much funnier film, I was very disappointed and disgruntled once I had got through it.

Won’t recommend it to anyone but I think the movie will be popular with seniors and middle-aged couples.

|  IP: Logged

Gary Crawford
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2004 01:48 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford   Email Gary Crawford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got this impression just from seeing the ads on TV for it. Always enjoyed Hackman but never cared for Romano. Saw his TV show a few times and all he does is apologize constantly and plays the standard issue clueless boob dad/husband that all sitcoms seem in lockstep with.

That means we'll have it for 2-3 weeks I'm sure.

Dennis M Dow Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2004 06:30 PM      Profile for Dennis M Dow Jr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While this movie had some laughs, it was pretty awful. Never liked Ray Romano or his schtick. Gene Hackman and Rip torn were funny as was Fred Savage but please get rid of Marcia Gay Harden. Her facial expression never changes. Advise to avoid at all costs.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: