Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Barbershop 2

Author Topic: Barbershop 2
Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-04-2004 10:36 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After viewing the original and finding it entertaining, I decided to give this one a try as well. I should have stayed home and fininshed watching Amercian Idol.

IMO, this was the same story re-written to capitilize on the success of the orginal, which is, after all, what most sequels do. I will give it the fact that it does have a somewhat decent message but I doubt that many who attend will even get the message. Or maybe I didn't actually 'get it'.

I like Ice Cube, Cedric, and Queen Latifah, but something was lacking in this picture. I guess I was looking for the same abrupt humor found in the first. In some instances, it was there, but for the most part, it was simply a little boring.

This flick ranks as a rent-it-on-DVD-if-you-must.

2.5 outta 5.

|  IP: Logged

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 02-06-2004 03:15 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree... It really lacked alot of things... The little comic relief in the first made it kinda cool.. But there wasn't any in this one... Queen Latifah always seems to add more to any movie she appears in [Smile] I kinda liked the little flash backs but other than that it wasn't much better than the first.

6.5/10

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: