Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Big Bounce

Author Topic: The Big Bounce
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-29-2004 03:10 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I had no idea it was possible to make such a stupid and horrible fucking movie. This movie has no point and not one single humorous moment.

Seriously, heed my warning.

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 01-29-2004 04:19 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
George Armitage (Grosse Pointe Blank) directs this incredible film about a small-time scam artist who leaves the mainland for Hawaii after being released from prison. It is based on a novel by Elmore Leonard (Get Shorty).

Astonishing performances by Owen Wilson, Charlie Sheen, Morgan Freeman, Gary Sinise and even Willie Nelson consistently left me spellbound and my jaw agape.

This epic tale can only be described as On the Line without the original plot, Glitter without the great music, and Plan Nine From Outer Space without the stellar acting.

For the love of all that is good in this world, notify your next of kin before venturing out for this one.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 01-29-2004 04:35 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it.

>>> Phil

Adam Martin

- posted 01-29-2004 04:42 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Figures. [Razz]

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-30-2004 11:38 PM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,

You obviously haven't seen " Torque " yet. [Razz]

I thought the movie was average. The humor was a little dry.

This is a renter.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 01-31-2004 10:10 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the opportunity to see "THE BIG BOUNCE" this afternoon at Pacific's Kapolei 16 and there might have been about 25 people in the 200 seat auditorium. This was not very good especially when the entire movie was filmed 35 miles away on the north shore of Oahu and interest should be very high because of it. This was the only reason I decided to see the movie in a theatre but I guess others could just care less. Although our north shore scenery was very breathtaking, the movie had a made for TV look that turned me off. The plot was very boring and the comic elements of the film failed to make me laugh.

-Claude

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 02-01-2004 02:54 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I completely agree with Brad.. This movie really sucked... If anything good came out of it... It was the people surfing

Dennis M Dow Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-01-2004 04:19 AM      Profile for Dennis M Dow Jr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Found this movie very slow and the plot a little far fetched. I like Owen Wilson and thought he did a decent job with what he was given. Charlie Sheen's character was an annoyance and Gary Sinise's was just too short.
fascinating how much the North Shore has changed from when I lived out there. The surf was still just as nice.
overall very boring, spent most of my time looking at my watch counting down how much time was left.
1.5 outta 4

Adam Martin

- posted 02-01-2004 01:17 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
This was a comedy?! Ugh. Now I hate it even more.

I wonder how much of the extremely brief surfing footage was just stock?

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 02-05-2004 03:03 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, it's not what I was thinking it was about?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: