Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Win a Date with Tad Hamilton

Author Topic: Win a Date with Tad Hamilton
Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2004 02:36 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What? Has noone seen this yet? I think you are all too scared to admit that you liked it.

Well, one of the most corny movies I have ever seen. The only character that I liked was the girl's dad. If you have seen the trailer then you can guess how it ends. Pretty lame, but entertaining.

|  IP: Logged

Glenda Cockrum
Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2004 09:19 AM      Profile for Glenda Cockrum   Email Glenda Cockrum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have not seen this yet, but from the trailer I get an inpression of a "Bye Bye Birdie" remake minus music!

Chris Markiewicz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2004 03:17 PM      Profile for Chris Markiewicz   Email Chris Markiewicz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you've seen the trailer you already HAVE seen the movie.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-30-2004 09:54 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attendance: 2004/01/30 19:15, Regal Hollywood 18, Huntsville, AL, Auditorium 3, Scope/Super35

Thank goodness I hadn't seen the trailer, because I would have hated to have known about the plot before seeing it. Part of the enjoyment was just seeing how things worked out without already knowing.

I really enjoyed the movie. It seemed the longer the movie went, the more I liked it. To explain why, I have to reveal plot elements.

FURTHER CONTENT CONTAINS SPOILERS. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE YET AND WANT MAXIMUM ENJOYMENT WITHOUT KNOWING PLOT ELEMENTS, DON'T READ FURTHER.

I really liked this movie since although there were conflicts, none of the major characters seemed evil in any way. They all just collided. Suppose that we'd seen Tad Hamilton as a bad guy from the start, or early in the movie. I think the quality of the movie would been hurt as a result.

Tad wasn't a bad guy -- he was just who he was. He never really did anything with the intention of hurting anyone. The only somewhat dislikable thing he did was using Pete's information to impress Rosalee. That didn't happen until about 75 minutes into the movie. And he was even honest with her later about doing it. Wow! He honestly fell in love with Rosalee, but had her best interests in mind enough to not get nasty. I found that very admirable, since through the whole movie, I was looking for Tad do try something nasty, to be a real "bad guy" that the audience would hate. It just didn't happen, except for the "6 smiles" thing he used from Pete.

I thought a lot of Pete and felt that he would get Rosalee eventually -- I just didn't know what would happen to get him there.

My heart sank when Rosalee went to Pete's place at the end and the bartender lady was there. I thought, "Oh My God! Why do they always have to hook the other person up with someone else in so many movies right near the end as an obstacle to the "correct" people getting together. " I'm really sick of that. My disgust quickly went away when it was revealed that she was just there to help him pack and he wasn't there. My opinion of the movie went up yet another notch.

I was expecting another "unbelievable ending" involving a tremendous effort on her part to rush to get to Pete. In many movies, a character must rush to an airport and get there just in the nick of time, or go through some other unbelievably difficult or complex task to keep their love from slipping away. I'm glad that didn't happen. She simply caught up with him on the road to the other city, a believable ending. I think him slamming on his brakes and knocking over a mailbox wasn't necessary, though.

The girls in this movie were quite annoying with their annoying types of laughs, but I think they were supposed to be that way for part of the humor.

This was by far a female audience. 8 out of 49 people in the auditorium -- oops .. 9 out of 50 (didn't count myself), were guys. That's 18 percent male and 82 percent female.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-01-2004 08:57 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I Liked it.

I thought the storyline was cute and very entertaining. II especially like how it ended like the beginning. Ginnifer Johnson (sp?) is really hot. I agree with Evans' comments on this one.

3.5 of 5

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: