Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Torque (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Torque
Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2004 01:52 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Famous Players Metropolis, Burnaby BC, 1/14/04, Cinema #2, Dolby Digital in THX house.

I feel sorry for the people that have to screen this film. Terrible doesn't give it justice. God awful is more like it. Every cliche in the book pretty much can be found in this film.

|  IP: Logged

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2004 11:28 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet Jesus Christ.

As ifit weren't bad enough that I tortured myself thru 2Fast 2Furious (on DVD) I choose to screen this tonight. What a mistake!

I ride. I do tricks. I've ridden since I was 8 years old on dirt, in the wood and on the street. There were maybe 4 things that were in this flick that were accurately portrayed. I mean, where do they get the technical advice from? Phil Hill?

That said, this films lacks anything other than what testoterone filled adolescent males need. Fast bikes, stupid tricks, and two (subjective) hot women. No real plot, horrible effects, lame lines.. etc...

I think this will be the wknd wonder. I don't see any repeat business. I do see problems with the kids that this flick will draw.. Thank God for security!

Take a bag.. you'll neeed it... [puke]

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2004 02:06 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm confused Jason. Are you saying that you don't ride your sportbikes through the woods at 100 mph? How strange.

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2004 08:21 AM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris,

Yeah, I've done that.. I was talking about the whole 200+mph thru town swerving like a maniac on a turbine driven bike... Oh, and jumping onto a moving train. I can't seem to get that down just yet... and it hurts like a MOFO when you hit the ground! [Eek!]

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 01-16-2004 06:58 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But, was it better than biker boyz, thats all I want to know...

Josh

Chris Markiewicz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2004 01:40 AM      Profile for Chris Markiewicz   Email Chris Markiewicz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
**possible spoiler**

I did like the reference to "Duel" but that's it.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2004 02:11 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This movie sucked. I saw it today and I was checking my watch the whole time. The effects were cool and the music was loud but that's all that was good with this film. The character "Shane" was hot, Jamie Pressly looked like a slut. There was no storyline.

Spoiler Ahead ****************************************************************
[bs]
[bs]
[bs]
[bs]

[sleep]
[sleep]
[sleep]
[sleep]

The only thing that did surprise me was that the FBI guy turned on his partner. I also did like when the bus almost ran over the lead character.

I do think the effects were cool though, but this film doesn't have anything good to remember. The Duel reference was interesting, but nothing good.....

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 01-17-2004 09:54 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went out and caught the matinee of this show today. It was much better than I thought it would be. If you cut most of the stunts and playstation graphics out of reel 5 you have a damn good flick. Come on, the train stunt has to go... also, ditch the lesbo chick, she was freakin' me out [Eek!]

...actually, if you dumped reel 5 all together, it would make a great flick too, just leaving the end a little cryptic.

JJ

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2004 10:53 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man.. I can't believe that Jamie Pressley as a 'dark, submissive, biker chick' has you guys weirded out...

She was hot as hell in this flick...!!!!!! She looked better than she did in this Months Playboy® !!

Oh so I think... [Big Grin]

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 01-17-2004 11:10 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was talking about the whole 200+mph thru town swerving like a maniac on a turbine driven bike... Oh, and jumping onto a moving train.
Hmmmm... How 'bout adding the fact that they were shooting at each other (one of them looking behind himself while going at that speed), etc. I'm nowhere near the biker Jason professes to be... Honda 90's & 125's are about my limit [Big Grin] ... and my brain just won't go where this picture tries to suggest reality dwells.

Gotta admit... it hasn't really resonated with our clientele, either.

Really? Did Phil write the stunts?????? [Razz]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 01-18-2004 08:57 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I mean, where do they get the technical advice from? Phil Hill?

Really? Did Phil write the stunts??????

Gosh, I'm hurt! Ya try to do a good job as a technical advisor, and whadda get... slammed! [Confused]

Jason said:
quote:
I've ridden... in the wood and on the street.
Yeah, I bet you have, boner boy.

>>> Phil

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2004 09:25 AM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil...

OOps... typos are a bitch, huh? [Big Grin]

Joseph Pandolfi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2004 10:15 AM      Profile for Joseph Pandolfi   Email Joseph Pandolfi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The train stunt was a little too much for me. I am waiting to hear that some idiot will attempt to copy the stunt and kill himself.

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 01-23-2004 02:52 AM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason sez..
quote:
She was hot as hell in this flick...!!!!!! She looked better than she did in this Months Playboy® !!

Well, I lost my respect for slutty bitches in high school. Not my type.

Josh

Dennis M Dow Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2004 08:38 PM      Profile for Dennis M Dow Jr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This movie sucked.... only way to describe it. You must check your brain at the door to even have a chance of believing any of the stunts could happen.
Jason sez
quote:
I can't believe that Jamie Pressley as a 'dark, submissive, biker chick' has you guys weirded out...
I thought she was hot...
Anyway avoid this movie if you can.... 0 outta 4 stars

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: