Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » My Baby's Daddy

Author Topic: My Baby's Daddy
Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 01-09-2004 03:26 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was "OKAY". It had its funny moments, predictable, cliche, and story line was a little different then the usual father/baby movie... but still kinda the same. Asian people in comedies are just awesome... its like they were born to act... or act funny.. [Smile]

3/5

|  IP: Logged

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 01-09-2004 01:44 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jennifer, can you tell us a little about the movies, rather than whether they're just "good", "bad", or "okay"? 'Different, but the same' doesn't give us much to go on.

I see directing/screenwriting is in your list of interests. Let us know WHY you think a movie is good or not. What was the story about? Why was it just "okay"? What were some of the screenwriting or direction shortcomings that might've made it better than mediocre?

Share with us your experience, girl!

[Smile]

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 01-09-2004 11:57 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well,Tim... The movie was about 3 dudes who like to get laid and get laid later... Until they become daddies all at the same time. One dude was a nerd, the other a wanna be boxer, and the other a rap group manager. It goes through the typical thing like how the father always struggles to change the baby, going to the baby sessions... the labor scene... etc. it was different because they took issues from 3 major roles instead of just 1...

I would have made more funny twist to it... not making it drawn out but enough to keep the audience on their toes... make the sub-characters interact with the babies more, to carry their traits as well... or a parody of "look whose talking" in all the babies dissing how bad their fathers are.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-10-2004 02:59 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean, Asian people are there to act funny? Please do not discriminate against Asians!

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 01-10-2004 10:53 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Jennifer! I knew there was more to it. [Smile]

It helps us to get to know you, too.

[Wink]

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 01-10-2004 03:04 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Asian... I wouldn't diss myself like that... I just meant that when they're in these type of comedies its entertaining to watch. I bet they're wonderful dramatic actors too. [Smile]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-10-2004 03:45 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm Asian... I wouldn't diss myself like that...
I can see that. It was my attempt at a joke, though not one of my best, I have to admit. I`ll probably go after Greg again, he is such a rewarding target.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-10-2004 10:54 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll admit I laughed at Michael's comment, but only because I know him. Hearing a comment like that coming from him is very bizarre.

So don't worry Michael, at least one person laughed at something you meant as a joke. Most often we are laughing at you (not with you). That is no joke.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-11-2004 01:14 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Michael. Sure, I don't know you like Joe does, but I can still laugh. [Big Grin]

AJG

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-11-2004 01:43 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But just remember Michael, Aaron is laughing AT you, just like we all were behind your back about an hour ago! [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: