Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » 21 Grams

Author Topic: 21 Grams
Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-24-2003 10:12 AM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very good, but very somber. This is not a feel good movie and is actually quite depressing. It starts out a little confusing becasue it skips around in time and between characters a lot, but it all comes together in the end.

4 of 5

|  IP: Logged

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 12-26-2003 01:46 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't confusing at all. It reminded me of Momento(another great movie). Sean Penn was great in this movie and so was the other actors. I liked the character development and the style was awesome. Reality is depressing, which makes this movie so great.

4.5/5

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-30-2003 08:29 AM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Princeton Garden Theatre, 12/28, 4:45 PM matinee. Hall #1, attendance ~25.

As Chris said, 21 Grams has a tendency to jump around. That's why it won't break out of the arthouse ghetto.

Methinks the critics were too riveted by the individual performances to figure it out. I will say Benicio Del Toro and Sean Penn were good -- but why didn't the father (Penn) off the preacher (Del Toro) in the desert by the cheap motel? Dad was eager to squeeze off but not too eager to aim carefully.

Presentation: Image good to excellent -- random blotches and negative dirt. CRAP Code between the cue marks at the end of R5! [Mad] Sound was excellent in Dolby Digital.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: