Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Shattered Glass

Author Topic: Shattered Glass
Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2003 12:11 AM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is one of the best movies of the year. I have advice for anyone thinking of taking any kids above the age of 9 to Cat in the Hat. (hell, just try not to take even the younger kids to that movie. They will whine today, but forget about it when another Christmas movie rolls along). Take them to this movie. Sure some of them may not warm up to the idea. But I doubt many literate kids above the age of 10 will get bored by this movie.
When I was a kid in the 70s, I thrived on movies like this. Sometimes, you have to dictate what the kid has to see instead of dictating merely what they shouldn't see.

Most of you probably know it is about the New republic scandal where a person was fired for fabricating stories.

Hayden Christiansen and Peter Skaarsgard do great jobs giving me a couple more additions to my list of oscar worthy performances. Hank Azaria is good too even if he doesn't remind me of the real life Michael Kelly in looks. Hayden transforms his body language and is very convincing as Glass. He was the one of the Assistant Editors or something like that at The New Republic(the editor at that time was Michael Kelly who died while reporting in the Iraq War this year).Peter Skaarsgard continues his good work from Center of the World and has made most of us forget his very effective evil role in Boys Dont Cry. Chloe Sevigny is good in a role that is based on one of the editors at that magazine and she is not required to even give oral to any of her costars(remember Gallo and Brown Bunny).

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-17-2004 11:30 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I just caught this one today and enjoyed it quite a bit.
A good show all around. Definitely worth a trip to the theater. [thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: