Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Matrix Revolutions (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Matrix Revolutions
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-04-2003 06:02 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I can't remember what this movie is called, here are some variations for future searches...
Matrix 3
Matrix III
Matrix Resurrection
Matrix Resolution
Matrix Restitution
Matrix Retributions
Matrix Rebellion
Matrix Reciprocation
Matrix Recitation
Matrix Reclamation
Matrix Reorganization
Matrix Replication
Matrix Recognition
Matrix Recollection
Matrix Respiration
Matrix Reconciliation
Matrix Redemption
Matrix Religion
Matrix Reproduction
Matrix Resolution

I'm not going to bother getting into all the reasons why I did not like this movie. This movie kept reminding me of a George Lucas recent Star Wars movie. There was way too much cgi and far too many characters brought into the movie to "outdo" the predecessors. I give this movie a "blah" rating. Don't expect anything all that great.

|  IP: Logged

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2003 12:14 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lately, every review I read from you Brad is negative. Oh well I guess, to each his own. Anyhow, I felt the film was darn good. Sure, there is quite a bit of CGI but it is expected in a film like this. Visually, it was very stunning to see all the stuff going on like it was. I don't want to spoil the film, so I won't give away what exactly I'm talking about. Just like Reloaded however, I felt the soundmix to be blah. I need to figure out if different people are designing and re-recording the sound for the two sequels because the first film had a soundtrack that blew these two away. Not to say it was a bad soundtrack, but it just could have been so much more. As for the story, I was hooked all the way. Sure, it was even more confusing than the first two, but I still enjoyed it. This film has quite a bit to digest in one viewing so I'll be lining up to see it again.

On a side note, one of the best parts of this movie was the teaser for Troy. All I can say is WOW!

AJG

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-04-2003 02:25 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Geez Aaron, should I start giving blah movies good reviews automatically just because the movies in general have been getting worse and worse lately? I guess I should be putting a curve on the grading system. Yes, what a great idea. Let's all lower our definitions of what a good movie is.

Really, I was quite damn bored with this. Matrix 2 was more "Matrix-ish" than this 3rd one. This just got stupid.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 11-04-2003 02:35 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Matrix: whatever the hell it's called, was the best movie I've ever seen (excluding movies I didn't watch on Nov 4, 2003).

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 11-04-2003 04:40 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron, I don't think you will have to bother lining up to see this film again. The buzz is bad on this film, so people will kind of blah thier way to see it. Not much of lines to worry about.

Ciao

Dave

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2003 04:19 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked Reloaded better than this crap.

I can think of only one word to describe this movie: anti-climatic.

Dan Harris
Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2003 06:44 AM      Profile for Dan Harris   Email Dan Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked Reloaded, but I thought this one was awful. Started off well, the Zion battle was quite impressive but apart from that it was forgettable. And the ending was a real letdown!

Dan

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2003 10:04 AM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Question:

If a society is advanced enough to produce an exoskeleton, walking, machine gun, how come there's no armor on it? Geeze, there could have at least been a little bit of Plexiglas or something.

And while your at it, how about a robotic rearm mechanism? I mean it seems pretty stupid to have unarmed boys running out there with Rubbermaid carts full of ammo.

Walking machine guns seem to be in plentiful supply but EMPs seem to be rare?

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2003 02:38 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What can I say? I'm a sucker for huge CGI battles like Zion. Sure, this movie doesn't even compare to the first one, but it still has its place. No offense to you either Brad: I was just making an observation. I respect the fact that you disliked it. I can easily see how one could be bored with this one. Speaking of the ending, some say it is a letdown. What was everyone really expecting though? After a day of pondering, I did make sense out of it and it makes quite a bit of sense.

AJG

Robert D. LaValley
Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2003 04:11 PM      Profile for Robert D. LaValley   Email Robert D. LaValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where do they get their food? where do they get gun powder and bullets? Where do they get there energy? Where do they get their water? How do they know how to use and or build all the crap they have? why do they have that many weapons in zion? When did harry potters train station end up in the matrix? Do you think they ran out of money and that is why there is no real music on the soundtrack this time around? Or is it just because rage against the machine broke up? How many people saw it at the same exact time? And why did that matter? Do you think they are going to make the SECOND matrix trilogy that will end up going straight to video or to night time TV to replace crappy reality TV? Because really what is real?

*laughs*

I liked the movie for what it was. But comparing it to the others is like compairing apples to oranges.. Nothing is like the first or the second.. but all three are good for the individual movies that they are. I guess a bit of my disappointment is that the ending is not what I expected, but I ask if I would have been more disappointed if the ending was what I expected.

I didn't stay to the end of the credits was there anything special at the end of the credits? Like a trailer for bill and ted Return of king diamond?

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 11-05-2003 07:04 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked this one better than reloaded. I felt entertained and that's what matters to me with this kind of film. The ending was a bit of a disapointment because I felt it didn't provide complete closure. I give this one **1/2 stars out of four.

Travis Hubrig
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2003 09:24 PM      Profile for Travis Hubrig   Email Travis Hubrig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EVERY BEGINNING HAS AN END

where the f*** was it? The war ended right? Or was it just the battle... Where is Neo? What happened to the French guy? Who in the world is the little girl? Is she a program, or human? Neo saved Trinity in reloaded, why the hell can't he save her now? I might just be an idiot for not understanding... but movies shouldn't make you feel cheated if you don't understand what happened. I hope they come out with another Matrix... I won't see it if you pay me. I can find many better things to do with my time and not feel like a moron.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 11-05-2003 09:36 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This movie was so full of plot holes I could go on for hours. We ought to start a new thread for this movie alone in film yak about its never ending plot holes!!!

It was entertaining, but I do not plan to buy this on DVD at all. I was waiting to see this to decide about reloaded, and now that one is out of the picture as well.

My cat is licking my fingers. It is more fun than this movie was. The ending was just... what the hell?

Dave

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2003 10:53 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw it again, and the film seemed to play better this time around. I now understand what exactly Neo did and what happened to him. Also, the soundmix was much better in the DTS house this time around. The first time, I saw it in SRD (in a house that Reloaded and most everything rocks in) and it was sorta drab. The DTS house sounded much much better and immersed me more into the film. Is it really a better mix on those discs or am I crazy?

The crowd tonight seemed to really like it as well. There was a big applause for the Return of the King trailer which was a nice suprise. They also applauded when the green Warner logo appeared and at the beginning of the credits. But most important of all, people stayed quiet for the movie and watched attentively. Nothing like a well behaved movie crowd!

AJG

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 11-06-2003 01:44 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We just installed a Dolby Digital unit last week here at our theater. THe system rocked and to me sounded much better than the DTS unit that we had in there prior to this. Not knocking DTS by no means. I like it too. We are expanding that DTS unit to another auditorium that does not have digital right now.

By the way I will be buying the Matrix Revolutions on DVD. I have the other two already.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: