Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Runaway Jury

Author Topic: Runaway Jury
Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 10-17-2003 09:45 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very interesting film. I had not read the Grisham novel that this film is based on so I don't know how closely the film follow's the book, but the film keeps you interested. It may not be perfect but if you are interested in these types of films I suggest you take it in. I Give this one *** stars out of four.

|  IP: Logged

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2003 12:32 AM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the movie was pretty watchable. But I wish they made it clear what laws the gun makers violated. How did they violate the waiting period. They kind of hinted at it, but spent more times in talking about how guns were bad for you. If there is a problem with the waiting period, then they should go after the congressmen who made the laws not the manufacturers.

Would anyone sue Drano if someone started mixing Drano in drinks at a party?
(Post review edit: Of course, they would. They just wont get much sympathy from us if they made a movie about it.)

I think this kind of theme should have the writer going after the lobbyists before a bill was going to be voted on.

It's hard to feel sorry for a lady in case she doesn't win millions and millions of dollars in a court of law. So that's why i wasn't able to really immerse myself into this movie as much as I should have. Very good acting by the leads. I didn't even know why they even bothered Jennifer Beals since she had absolutely nothing to do in the movie. She was pretty much an extra.

[ 10-26-2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Pravin Ratnam ]

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2003 01:41 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read the book a few years back, and the book is about a Cigarette company, not a gun manefacture. While it is a litle far fetched, it is a John Grisham novel.

The movie was good, kept me moving although I knew the outcome years ago. They didn't really explain how it was the gun manufacturers were responsible, but in the court system, I guess you sue the people with the most money?

3 out of 5 stars, worth watching...

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2003 06:22 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fine entertainment. Not a top Grisham, but absolutely worth seeing. Hand-held camera in beginning a bit too wild to me, but otherwise fine ! Hackman and Hoffman are great as usual.

p.

Mitchell Cope
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-09-2003 09:24 PM      Profile for Mitchell Cope   Email Mitchell Cope   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was expecting to be entertained by this film and I was not disappointed. This film kept me glued to the screen. Doesn't bode well for our Justice system, but thoroughly entertaining. May be the best picture I've seen this year. **** (4 out of 4 stars) [thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: