Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Good Boy

Author Topic: Good Boy
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-10-2003 03:43 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
This movie is cornier than a corn dog.

It's a stupid, stupid, stupid movie about how in other parts of the galaxy dogs are running the place and fly around in spaceships and blah, blah, blah. The whole premise is just really stupid.

That being said, of all the kid movies I've seen, this one should do a decent amount of business and pre-pubescents should enjoy it, but whoa does it slow down to a crawl in reel 4! I guess we couldn't have the studio releasing a 60 minute movie, so they had to stretch it out. (At least this gives the kids a chance to ignore the movie for awhile and complain about the CRAP code marks all over reel 4.)

SPOILER AHEAD -
The movie has a happy ending. Duh!

|  IP: Logged

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 10-11-2003 11:34 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I come to Texas can we all get drunk and go see an 11:00am matinee?

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2003 05:33 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There aren't enough drugs on the planet to make me sit through this piece of crap.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 10-17-2003 09:51 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
10/17/2003, Regal Cinema World 8, Eugene, 2:25PM, house #7 (the one where the sun reflects into the auditorium through the booth windows during the daytime), Dolby SR-D. Attendance exactly 3.

I saw it today (don't ask). Let me just say this is the most uninspired comedy-wannabe I've seen in a long time. Not only was it not funny when it was supposed to be, but it didn't look very good on the screen. The only good thing I will say for it is the kid who plays Owen (goes to look it up: Liam Aiken) did a great job in an otherwise not very good film. [thumbsdown] Oh, and I didn't notice any CRAP Code. [Roll Eyes]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 10-18-2003 08:52 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, you didn`t get it. You were not supposed to watch Good Boy, you were supposed to buy a ticket and then sneak into Kill Bill.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: