Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Out of Time

Author Topic: Out of Time
Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-10-2003 02:28 AM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw it at the Regal Perimeter Pointe in Atlanta in their recently remodeled big auditorium. I am glad I saw it in their biggest auditorium because the film is in scope and makes decent use of it.

Only flaw is that you can predict what the motives of some people not too long after the movie starts. So you are left to see what will happen since the basic essence of the plot is easy to guess.

However, the movie is paced well, with Denzel doing a great job at portraying arrogance, indifference, vulnerability, dumbfoundedness, anger, light moods at different points in the movie. John Billingsley does a great job as the medical coroner and will hopefully get more character roles after this movie. Eve Mendes gets more to do in this movie than Once Upon a Time In mexico.

Entertaining movie with disappointing early giveaway of the suspense portion. The nature of the cinematography makes it worthwhile to watch this in a theater.

Crap code sighting: The dreaded red dots appeared when they transition to a shot of the bay in the morning.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2003 05:06 PM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this is the FIRST movie in which I noticed the CRAP CODE (I'm no longer a crap code virgin! [puke] )
It was a fairly well-paced suspenser. It was nice to see a female detective that wasn't having to "prove" herself as a woman in a "man's" world. With some movies you would have thought nothing has progressed in the past few decades. Here, the woman was extremely competent. Denzel Washington gives another good performance without too much depth. Atmospheric rural Florida look was caught well. A good diversion.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: