Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Taxi 3

Author Topic: Taxi 3
Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2003 05:47 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This one is difficult to place. I saw it on a Balinese DVD import but it has yet to screen in Australia! It's probably still in theatres somewhere so I'll put it here.

Anyway, who better to kick off a fast paced french action thriller than a long cameo by... Sylvester Stallone! Yes, Sly has been roped in (and dubbed) to a lengthy tongue-in cheek cameo preceding the main titles.

For those not in the know, Sylvester is huge in France thanks to a French puppet who resembles him and represents just about everything about the good old USA. The puppet program is "les Guignold D'Info' and is womehat like the former British puppet comedy 'Spitting Image'.

After a somewhat fast paced and humorous introduction with some great stunts the film follows the traditional taxi format. And yes that Peugeot is back!

http://www.geocities.com/theactionkingsb/ActionKings-Stallone-Taxi3.html

In Taxi 1 the taxi sped around and just looked really cool. In Taxi 2 it parachuted out of an airplane and looked really cool. And in Taxi 3? I won't spoil it for you but suffice to say they dream up something new and amazing for the taxi to do. By Taxi 4 they'll probably teach it to talk and think for itself a la Herbie.

Seriously though this is a great film. It's formulaic but the formula is so good they'll probably be able to produce 8 or 9 of these movies and all will be good.

I'm amazed the studios haven't produced an American version of the original film.

My verdict: 9 stars out of 10 (yes it's that good!)

Just see it!

cheers Peter

|  IP: Logged

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 10-05-2003 03:05 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the original Taxi. Taxi 2 was OK too, but of course like many sequels it didn`t have the freshness of the original. Still, I would watch Taxi 3 but I have no idea if it is going to be released in the US. Probably not, or am I wrong? Were 1 and 2 released here?

Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2003 06:23 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi again

The scary news is that Luc Besson is now shooting an American version of the original 'Taxi'. The new movie will now star Jimmy Falon & Queen Latifa.

Hopefully with the original director at the helm the film will retain the edge that made it successful.

cheers Peter

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: