Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Cold Creek Manor

Author Topic: Cold Creek Manor
Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-19-2003 02:49 AM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A very well done thriller. Good supporting cast. The "manor" is a little too much of a "fixer upper" than I would want to take on. Stephen Doriff (sp) was great as "Dale". I think this film should fare well and bring in good boxoffice results. Stone and Quaid have a winner here. Yes, it did run a little long. But, at no time was I checking my watch. Now, that's a good sign! [Smile] [thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

John Carpenter
Film Handler

- posted 09-19-2003 10:47 AM      Profile for John Carpenter   Email John Carpenter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to disagree on this one. I was very disappointed with Cold Creek Manor. The trailer lead me to believe that it had some sort of supernatural thriller aspect to it - which it definitely did not. I however looked at my watch often - especially the hour long section of introductory material. You could tell right off who did what and how it would end. If it wasn't for the "snakes" it would not have had any suspense at all. But this is just my opinion of course...

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 09-21-2003 12:18 AM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Don. It was a very good movie. I do not think it will be up for any awards but it was none the less very entertaining. I went to this movie without knowing what it was all about except for the basic plot of a family moving into a small mansion that was badly in need of a major renovation and encounters all kinds of problems

-Claude

Daniel Fuentz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2003 11:15 PM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with John on this one. The TV adverts led me to think it would be different than it was, I was expecting more of a supernatural thriller. I thought the ending was way too predictable, but I won't elaborate for those reading that haven't seen the film yet.

Shane Hoffmann
Film Handler

- posted 10-02-2003 03:34 PM      Profile for Shane Hoffmann   Email Shane Hoffmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I, like John, was disappointed to find out that it wasn't a supernatural thriller. The acting was well-done, but the story was just too unoriginal. It was an alright way to kill some time.

[ 04-02-2004, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Shane Hoffmann ]

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-02-2003 04:45 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...or make sure the projectionist frames the movie properly.

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2003 12:22 AM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Shane...Do you work for the Franks???? If so, they used to own the theatre that I work at here in WB. [Smile]

Shane Hoffmann
Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2003 03:27 PM      Profile for Shane Hoffmann   Email Shane Hoffmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don,
Yes, I do work for the Franks.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: