Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Jeepers Creepers 2

Author Topic: Jeepers Creepers 2
Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 08-29-2003 04:04 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dumb enough to be funny. I sure as heck wouldn't pay $13.50 to see it, but I wouldn't really think of walking out on it.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2003 10:26 PM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I paid 5.50 to see it right after work on Friday night. I really liked the first film until the creature was shown, and I think that's the problem I have with this one. Now that we know what the creature is...

Having said that, it is well shot and crisply edited. Director Victor Salva is still going into the male bare torso shots he seems to specialize in. Oh, well. I guess its fair play on the usual teen horror flick with bared female breasts.

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2003 01:41 PM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The movie was directed well. I just dont think much of Salwa as a screenwriter. The first movie was fantastic until the midway point. Once the wings sprout , it was still ok, but having him fly away at will like superman so easily kind of dulls the impact of the creeper driving a truck. Maybe they should haev given him the ability to fly for the visual effect, but give him some limitations. Sometimes when you make the villain way too powerful, it dulls the movie.

The second one is pretty much like the second half of the first movie. Only difference is with a bigger budget, the craftsmanship is on fine display here. The gay version of Roman Polanski has talent, no question(though you wonder why he wants to tempt fate by having the football team weirdly peeing right next to each other with one guy taking it all off for no reason. You wonder what kind of common sense this idiot has given his past). Too bad a lot of the characters have no resolution. It's like the movie forgot about half the football team at the end.

Even though I preferred Freddy vs Jason only for the concept which I have been waiting for 10 years, this is a better directed movie. Ronnie Yu, who is not untalented, should take lessons. A lot of directors don't take horror seriously. Other Wes Craven or Verbinski for the Ring, a lot of directors try to have these smart alecky characters who make references to other horror movies.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 08-31-2003 09:40 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know at first I thought it was a football team too, but if you read their jackets you see that they're only a basketball team.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 09-01-2003 03:30 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Loved the film. As for resolution of the rest of the team, there were like more than 20 characters. How long did you want this movie to last? Just the thought that they were picked off was find for me, I didn't need to see them all picked off. That would have gotten real old and stale. Just having them run off into the field is just fine.

And did anyone notice that this was a period piece? What period I have no real idea, but the vehicles were all from long ago. And long ago, even from before I was in high school, I remember hearing tales from my dad about how the jocks were both on and off the playing field or court or whatever. Victor Salva bieng a convicted child molester has nothing to do with them in a gang pee fest. He did time for his crime, expressed great remorse for his deeds, and according to our CJS (criminal justice system), he should be allowed the opportunity to prove he can be a productive member of society.

And he has won the top spot with a record labor day haul. That and no molestings during the production of the movie or at the wrap party should be proof enough.

Dave

Duncan Smith
Film Handler

- posted 09-02-2003 01:25 PM      Profile for Duncan Smith   Email Duncan Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw this on Saturday night. Not particularly impressed at the lack or carnage, decent script, ideas and editing. Thought it could have lost around 10 mins and been a lot tighter. How many lingering head shots do you need to build suspense before it just turns into a slow film? Haven't seen the 1st one and now I'm not sure I will.

Never mind.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 09-06-2003 07:52 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Despite a crying child I had discussed at another thread, I too agree with Dave and I also enjoyed the movie. Having seen and enjoyed the original film, I was very eager to see what they did with the sequel and I was not disappointed. It was very clever how they allowed the movie to end with the possibility of "JEEPERS CREEPERS 3". I just cannot believe at my age, I still enjoy these scary movies ever since Boris Karloff and Lon Chaney scared the pants off me when my parents took my brother, sister and me to see their films in the mid forties.

-Claude

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 09-07-2003 05:40 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
09/07/2003, Regal Cinema World 8, Eugene OR, 12:00PM, house #5, DTS. Attendance exactly 4. No presentation complaints.

This is another one I had low expectations for, and turned out liking quite a lot. Very nicely photographed, loved the symphonic score, yadda yadda, and it made me jump in my seat a couple times. Again I'm feeling generous, so I give it 2 3/4 stars out of 4.

Why do filmmakers continue to insist on using 20-somethings to play high school students?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: