Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Freaky Friday

Author Topic: Freaky Friday
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-06-2003 03:36 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The summer Suck-A-Thon continues in full force with Freaky Friday.

This movie has been done before...twice actually. Plus we have other variations of it like Vice Versa and The Hot Chick, which were both better than this one. In a word, terrible. Just plain damned terrible. A complete waste of film and effort. This would be mediocre 4am insomnia television at best. The preshow advertising and trailers are definitely the best part of this show. [thumbsdown]

Thanks to Ricky Boyson's theater and the TES inspector "John" for giving me a lovely print with all sorts of little defects throughout that weren't quite enough to warrant replacing this print, but provided constant distractions from this horrible movie.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Greenwell
Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2003 03:40 PM      Profile for Chris Greenwell   Email Chris Greenwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, I watched it last night, almost fell asleep during it [thumbsdown]

Kristin Wahlund
Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2003 11:56 PM      Profile for Kristin Wahlund   Email Kristin Wahlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AWW!!!! You people make me sad. I thought it was very cute, maybe you just have to be a girl to enjoy a movie like this. But I thought it was very funny, and entertaining to watch! I guess I'm a minority here, but the overall response from our customers has been positive. Although it does attract mainly girls, would this qualify as a "chick flick" or a "family" show?

Chris Greenwell
Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2003 02:27 AM      Profile for Chris Greenwell   Email Chris Greenwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chick Flick!!

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 08-08-2003 03:06 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The original Review thread for this film compleate with date seperating it from the old version.

Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2003 09:57 PM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attendance Palace Cinemas Balywyn, 30th September 2003

I haven't seen the earlier versions of this film so I had no preconceptions about it at all.

Personally I enjoyed the film very much. I thought Jamie Lee Curtis and say Lohan really played their roles convincingly and the production was suitably updated for a modern audience. It was a G rated film without being second rate.

I gave it 8 stars out of 10. In case you think I'm in the minority here if you check out Rotten Tomatoes you will note that this film has been very highly rated (90%).

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/FreakyFriday-1124788/

Cream of the crop. Perhaps those who didn't like it should give it a second look.

cheers Peter

Ps I suspect we will see Freaky Friday 2 soon.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: