Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Legally Blonde 2

Author Topic: Legally Blonde 2
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-02-2003 04:31 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, and waaaaaaaaaaaay too much pink! Although I didn't think it was possible, this sequel has managed to be even more stupid and useless than the first movie. I feel embarassed for everyone who acted in this movie or had any connection in making this stupid film. Don't even bother catching this stupid thing on DVD. Did I mention how stupid it was?

***SPOILERS AHEAD***
In this fabulous sequel to the first stupendous movie, we learn that Elle's dog is gay and he likes to do the wild thing with a rotweiler. But that's not all, turns out the dog likes to play pitcher and catcher. Oh but wait, such a fine script wouldn't be complete without somehow working the dog's sexual orientation into the success of Elle's goal. This is hilariousness at it's finest! Movies just don't get any funnier than this! [Roll Eyes] Doesn't this just make you want to rush out and see the movie now?

This year has had far too many movies that are a waste of film.

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 07-05-2003 12:05 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot I screened this too (amazing you could forget such torture isn't it).

Anyway, unless your date wants to see it or something, don't waste your time.

Was it just me or did Reese Witherspoon actually have a pink hallow around her throughout most of the film. It wasn't out of focus or anything... I swear she was glowing... maybe it was just pink overload.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-05-2003 02:18 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The projector was probably leaking oil onto the print. [Big Grin]

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2003 12:33 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had high hopes for this film, as I really liked the first one. But it was not to be. I thought this one was dumb and dumberer than the first one. None of the characters were intelligent in any way.

I thought a good way to present this film would have been for her to fall completely apart and stop being a fasionista. This way she could learn another valuable lesson. But no, the character learns nothing and grows nowhere. All the plot developments were dumb and mildly insulting.

I had predicted that this one might do better than T-3 but I was mistaken. It sucked.

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2003 09:04 PM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian, actually in the local Regal multiplex(atlanta) I visited for T3, T3 was placed in the smaller screen, while Legally Blonde had the third biggest screen in the house. I was taken by surpise to see T3 in a small screen in the very first weekend. I would have demanded a refund, but luckily the unexpectedly bright projector bulb(I am not used to this "luxury") and decent sound calmed me down. The seat difference between the two auditoriums wasn't that much since the T3 Hall had more length. But the screen difference was bigger and it was worse when the vertical masking went into effect for the 2.35 T3. Why they would do show this movie on this small screen puzzles me. It's like managers dont give a crap about the suitability of a movie for a certain screen. Legally Blonde 2 had probably 20 more people at best, all of them old geezers or women. Both halls could have accomodated either crowd. Why put T3 on the smaller screen? Idiots at Regal.
These idiots are also reformatting one of their 2 biggest auditoriums(which is closed for the month and used to be a THX certified hall until the UA/Regal merger) to fit in stadium seating(complex is only 5 years old at best). Why do this during the busy summer season when you have only two or three big screens in an 8 screen theater in a busy center in Atlanta. Finding Nemo was in the other of the biggest auditorium. THat's why LB2 got the 3rd biggest and T3 got the small screen house.

As far as not seeing the movie, I am sick of Luke Wilson "the anti Owen Wilson" in terms of the charisma black hole he creates. Luke Wilson has the distinction of appearing in the blandest roles in 3 movies released about the same time (Alex &Emma, LB2 and CA2). Luke should stick to Wes Anderson movies.

[ 07-06-2003, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Pravin Ratnam ]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 07-05-2003 10:26 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um, it was OK. I loved the first one but this one just kind of fizzed out. I know the point was to be overly...ummm...how do I say this nicely...STUPID, but this was just too much.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: