Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Sinbad

Author Topic: Sinbad
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-02-2003 02:43 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally a movie that has been properly titled, for watching this movie is a sin it is so bad!

The thing is only about 80 minutes long, but it drags and drags and drags and drags and drags and drags and, well you get the point. Now I'll give the movie the dignity of being better than such 2003 classics as "From Justin to Kelly" and "Alex and Emma", but it's not much better. The story is predictable and routine. The animation is good at times and then choppy at other times. Overall it's just a mediocre film. Just wait for the DVD.

|  IP: Logged

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2003 11:36 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it is pretty much what I thought it was going to be. Right now for every one customer that go to see Sinbad, we get five in Finding Nemo. That is saying too much however because I dont think that we have had more than 20 customers in Sinbad at any one show. Right now it is raining outside and there are 18 customers in Sinbad and Nemo almost sold out.

R. Andrew Diercks
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2003 12:54 AM      Profile for R. Andrew Diercks   Email R. Andrew Diercks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BAD BAD BAD!!! It is amazing how slowly 80 minutes can go by. Sound kind of sucked too, I had to turn up my fader. If they target children perhaps they should make it funny or not such an attempt at drama. We have 1000 Shrek CDs to give away and have only successfully given out 40. At least the public is perceptive about a crappy movie.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2003 10:19 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attendance: 2003/07/05 19:00, Regal River Oaks Cinema 8, Decatur, AL, Auditorium 7, DTS, Flat

It's interesting. I went to see this movie after reading a very positive review in my local newspaper, the Huntsville Times. It was a three and a half star out of four review, which is rare for the Huntsville Times, which generally prints the most negative review it can find.

I didn't think the movie was that bad. The print at River Oaks was beautiful, and the sound was great. While I don't think was a "3 1/2 star" movie, I enjoyed it. Turnout was rather small. A total of about 30 people came to see this showing on a Saturday night. This theatre was running 2 prints and I was in the earlier showing.

I couldn't really figure out what this movie's target audience was intended to be. Most of the people in the audience were young adults with a few kids (well-behaved ones).

To me, the movie wasn't as bad as Brad and others are saying it was, but it wasn't a 3 1/2 star movie. I'd say it was a 2 1/2 star movie. I did look at my watch several times during the movie, and it seemed longer than it was, as others have mentioned.

The film presentation was flawless at this theatre, as usual.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: