Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » From Justin to Kelly (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: From Justin to Kelly
Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 06-20-2003 04:41 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While screening this film there wasn't a single minute that I didn't want to kill myself.

The worst part is at the end... they all start singing "That's the way I like it", so the audience is going to start singing along with it, then they'll be singing it out in the lobby... other people will just think that they liked it, suckering even more people into watching this piece of [bs] .

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Duggan
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2003 11:48 AM      Profile for Andrew Duggan   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Duggan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's a pretty bad sign when just seeing the movie poster inspires a very primal fight-or-flight response in me. I watched 6.941 masochistic minutes of this gargantuan mistake, and then decided that my life was to precious to waste on it. So I got drunk on the roof instead. Go me.

Jacob Huber
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2003 02:39 PM      Profile for Jacob Huber   Email Jacob Huber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, watch an apocolyptic nightmare of a movie, or get drunk. Choices, choices, choices. I think you made the right one, Andrew.

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2003 03:02 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats funny, I just fired an employee last week (fittingly dumb and dumberer) for bringing alcohol to a sneak. I wouldn't tolorate an employee drinking on the roof also.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 06-20-2003 03:26 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The radio commercial for this claims that it is "the movie you will never forget." Umm...OK.

I have no intention of seeing this POS, but hopefully it at least has that certain humor value that one might expect from a train-wreck of a movie.

It's interesting to note from the feature info forum that they didn't bother to print this on Kodak or even Fuji stock and instead went with something that's presumably cheaper. That doesn't exactly demonstrate high expectations on the part of the distributor....

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 06-20-2003 04:19 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't seen it, won't be seeing it. [Big Grin]

Justin Guarini (sp?) was on the Today Show this morning promoting it. He was doing his best, but he did say that 1) He and Kelly were exhausted at the time the film was shot due to all the touring etc. 2) It was very hastily put together, was supposed to be released back in April. 3) "We weren't making Shawshank Redemption".

Note that it wasn't screened for critics either. [Big Grin]

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 06-20-2003 06:15 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This film must be a real piece of [bs]
I saw the Today show interview.

On my friends web site "The Stickers". He has the line "Looks like that pact with the devil is really starting to payoff."

http://www.thestinkers.com/

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2003 08:20 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know its gonna be a stinker, when the studio has no trailers for ya to promote it! I was going to screen it last night, but I decided to wander home and watch Elimidate instead! Poked my head inside the auditorium today, and became ill seeing Kelly on the beach.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 06-20-2003 10:51 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to re-iterate. This is one of the top five worst movies you will EVER see. There isn't even any sort of humour you would expect from such a piece of crap.

You know, you really know a movie is bad when it's seems that (based on the sometimes out of sync dialog or lip syncing) the sound editor wouldn't even go through it more than once.

[ 06-21-2003, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Daryl C. W. O'Shea ]

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 06-20-2003 11:16 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm ... this sounds like a great way to pay back Scott for making me watch Lizzy McGuire. I think I'll take him on a photo shoot and then "surprise! I'm driving and paybacks are a bitch!" [evil]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-21-2003 12:05 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
You're comparing this to Lizzie Maguire? I think I would rather screen Lizzie non-stop for 24 hours than sit through this once. Paybacks, while commonly more painful than the original act, shouldn't be deadly!

John Scott
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-21-2003 12:54 AM      Profile for John Scott   Email John Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must be the only one, but the movie passed the so bad its crap category that I had such a great time mocking it. Classic camp here folks of the best kind (UNITENTIONAL). Going to watch it again!

Andrew Duggan
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-21-2003 02:11 AM      Profile for Andrew Duggan   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Duggan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We sold a stunning 5 tickets to it today. Shocking, I'm sure

And Michael, the roof in question was my own. If I attempted to get drunk on the roof of the theater, I anticipate that I would either
A)Fall off the roof to my premature death, or
B)Fall THROUGH the roof to my premature death [Smile]

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 06-21-2003 02:27 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The radio commercial for this claims that it is "the movie you will never forget."
Well... they're probably right!

I thought "Million Dollar Mystery" was a piece of [bs] , but I remember it, too.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 06-21-2003 03:00 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh Daryl, how do you REALLY feel about this great film?

I think you should take your own suggesting and just off yourself. I know that would make MY life easier!

>>> Phil

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: