Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Alex & Emma

Author Topic: Alex & Emma
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-19-2003 03:04 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember back to the year 1994 and look at what director Rob Reiner brought to us. It was a quaint little film, designed to be cute, entertaining and wholesome. The only problem was that his film "North" was an incredibly worthless piece of shit.

Now we are in the year 2003, and Rob Reiner has somehow managed to outdo himself. His latest feature effort "Alex & Emma" is actually more painful to sit through than was his previous effort at useless filmmaking. How can this be? Well, I really don't know how to put it into words, but trust me...it is. For 96 minutes the audience will be asking themselves "what excuse can I possibly come up with so we can leave this torture chamber and get our money back? Why is this movie so bad? How can a movie be so damned boring? What did I do to deserve such cruel and unusual punishment that is Alex and Emma? Could the acting be any worse? Even moreso, how could the writing be so godawful? And this whole movie is about a writer! Please have mercy on your audience! Kill me now and get it overwith!!!"

The one thing I do know is that if my wishes come true, I will have completely blocked this movie out of my memory by tomorrow morning.

Avoid this movie at all costs. Don't even watch it on tv. Go rent "North" instead. It's actually a better movie!

-1 stars out of 5.

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 06-20-2003 04:31 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alex and Enema... the second worst film I had to screen tonight. Top honors go to From Justin to Kelly.

Like Brad said, avoid at all costs. Go see Dumb and really flippin' Dumberer.

-1 is way to generous.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-20-2003 04:48 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
From the review for From Justin to Kelly
quote:
While screening this film there wasn't a single minute that I didn't want to kill myself.
Egad, perhaps I didn't have it quite so bad with this super stinkey piece of [bs] . WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HOLLYWOOD CHURNING OUT THIS CRAP WEEK AFTER WEEK??? It's either a lame sequel or a moist piece of shit.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2003 11:53 AM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sequel, no; adaptation, yes. Alex & Emma is based on "The Gambler", a short story by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (who wrote "Crime and Punishment").

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 06-20-2003 11:00 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I didn't have much to do tonight, and the film was playing in the booth I usually do most of my work in at the particular theatre I was at, I decided I'd watch it again. Well, lets just say it's a good thing that the booth has no automation... otherwise I wouldn't have been waken up by the sound on tailout and the nice and bright white screen. Good thing I didn't really start paying attention to it until after I had done all my changeovers for that round of shows.

Kristin Wahlund
Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2003 09:55 PM      Profile for Kristin Wahlund   Email Kristin Wahlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well let me just say that i wasnt exactly excited to see this movie, nbut it wasn't NEARLY as horrible as all you guys said it was. maybe its because i am a girl, but I didn't find this movie even close to the level of lets say.. captain corelli's mandolin as i decided was "a pain worse than death" so any girls have anything to say about this movie?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: