Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Hollywood Homicide

Author Topic: Hollywood Homicide
Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2003 01:47 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow where to begin. I will start by saying that there is now a new winner for worst movie of the year. Bulletproof Monk is now off the hook. It is almost a cliche to say that they borrow every single bad cliche from previous cop movies but they do. It is almost as if they tried to intentionally make a bad movie. My biggest complaint is that the movie has no point to it. They take four or five potentially interesting stories, let them run their seperate ways, then FORCE them to all come together at the end. It is almost getting to the point where Harrison Ford is going to need to do Indiana Jones 4 just to salvage his career.

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 06-13-2003 05:05 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I kind of liked this film. It had a few good moments and the real-estate bits towards the end were kind of funny. It beat watching 'Rugrats Go Wild', and it sure as heck beat watching 'Dumb, and I better be getting overtime, Dumberer'.

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2003 10:20 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll agree that it was funny in spots but that was mainly due to Harrison Ford's antics such as the interrogation scene. However what I mean by that was that the humor derived from seeing Harrison Ford act stupid and not necessarly because his character was behaving in that way. It was only because you don't really expect to see Ford acting like Jim Carrey and thus it was much funnier than had it have been another actor.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 06-15-2003 10:10 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was quite entertaining in a shallow way - a good movie to watch in a late show before you go to sleep.
There were some mildly funny jokes (like the donut scene). Good acting from both HF and JH. The whole movie was obviuosly written around them.
I nearly forgot near the end what the story actually was... The chase seemed to go on forever.

Kristin Wahlund
Film Handler

- posted 06-16-2003 12:33 AM      Profile for Kristin Wahlund   Email Kristin Wahlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I thought it was quite entertaining in a shallow way - a good movie to watch in a late show before you go to sleep.
I did just that when I watched this movie, pushed up the armrests and took a little nap in the theatre.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 06-16-2003 11:54 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael pretty much summed up my thoughts. It's OK, but forgettable. A few funny scenes. Pretty decent acting.

For mindless entertainment, I'd prefer the remake of The Italian Job as it's more stylish, but that's just me.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 06-16-2003 10:16 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot guy's and gal..I have been looking forward to watching this film until one moment ago. Bill Gable was going to get a print and I was going to mix the Martini's and we were going to watch the show and post a critique. Now what the heck, do I tell Bill....???....Oh! I guess I will just drink them by myself...Umm.. Thank You.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 06-17-2003 04:00 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which movie is The Italian Job the remake of?

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 06-25-2003 02:02 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
06/24/03 - 7:00 PM - The Bay, Morro Bay, CA.

Presentation - Good. Sound - Good. Theater very clean, only five bucks and cheap concessions. Great roof over our heads, looked like a barn. Gave the place a very open feel to it.

Now what the hell movie were you guys watching? I MEAN REALLY!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

[Confused] With my head spinning, my review cometh forth with gusto!! [beer]

I really enjoyed this film. Why? Because I go into movies with no preconcieved notions as to if this movie sucks already.

I will admit that the beginning of the film seemed rather heavily pushed by the actors, making it feel like they were aware of the cameras. It took about half an hour for the film to get going.

Once it did get going, you kind of are allowed to forget the opening, if you are willing to have fun that is. Yes it borrowed heavily from cop movies. So what? Every film HAS to borrow from somewhere. If you make a cop movie you are going to have to make it feel like a cop movie. YOu cannot make a cop movie that feels like a couple of chicks trying to get pregnant by artificial insemination [sex] .

The purpose of this film was to make a cop buddy movie. Hard to make one work very well say such as LEthal Weapon. It tried very hard at first but gave up quickly. It easily became the tired old cop who want to retire comfortably vs the tired young cop who wants to retire comfortably. There was no antagonistic feature between them, as there should have been.

However, I give this film three stars, for at least casting Ford and his valiant effort to make something of this film. If it was anyone else, this film really would have tanked.

Josh hartnett? Please! What a waste of space.

So there you have it. I liked it, will see it again, but probably wont buy it on DVD.

Maybe it is just us older folks who dig the ford.

Dave [evil]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: