Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Monsieur Batignole

Author Topic: Monsieur Batignole
Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2003 08:09 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attendance: Rivoli Theatre, Camberwell June 01 2003

I found this film both a little sad and a little uplifting. Sad because of its portrayal of the treatment of Jews in World War II and uplifting because it shows that a lot of people didn't agree with the Germans and were prepared to do something about it. The film also shows an unpleasant truth, namely that a lot of French collaborated with the Germans.

The film is well paced and well shot. There is nothing new here but the story is well told. It appears that yet another member of L'Equipe de Splendide (Gerard Jugnot) has succeeded in producing a film of some merit.

My verdict: 7 stars out of 10.

cheers Peter

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: